2017 Software Engineer Intern – Software Validation and Test automation (12 months)Job Description
About the role
We are looking for highly motivated interns who have an engineering mind-set and a passion for Software test automation. The position is in a team responsible for validating our Software Development Tools based at our Cambridge design centre.
The Development Solutions Group (DSG) at ARM develops and markets a number of software tools such as C/C++ compilers, debuggers, simulation models and software performance analysis tools. Our tools are used worldwide by many of the leading electronic and software companies in the development of ARM based products.
The software validation teams in the Development Solutions Group are located in our Cambridge and Blackburn design centres and are responsible for enhancing product quality and user experience of our products and associated web sites.
What will I be accountable for?
You will be working in a validation team responsible for pre-release testing of our software products (Compilers, Models, Debuggers, Performance analysis tools). Most of the validation is carried out using automation tools. The team develops and maintains Perl and Python based test frameworks and an advanced board farm with a wide range of ARM based development boards.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
The successful candidate will have completed at least two years of a University course with a significant programming and software engineering element such as Computer Science, Embedded Software or Electronics Engineering:
• A passion for all aspects of software engineering both within, and outside your degree course.
• Familiarity/interest in software testing.
• Enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible, with strong inter-personal skills, ability to work on own initiative and enjoy working in a team
• Some Experience in using scripting languages like Python or Perl
• Some Experience in using C or C++
• Experience of software testing or validation.
• Understanding of Linux, Eclipse.
• Basic understanding of computer architecture and assembly language
• Ideally hands-on experience with ARM based development boards, such as Raspberry Pi
How to Apply
If you are passionate about this role, click ‘apply now’.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM's benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
· Annual Bonus Plan
· Discretionary Cash Award
· Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
· Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
· Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
· Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
· Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
· Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
ARM® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world's most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving ARM innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, ARM is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to ARM's success in the global marketplace.