2017 Software Development Intern – HPC Tools (summer)
2017 Software Development Intern – HPC Tools (summer)Job Description
Location: Warwick, Business Park
Programmers and scientists using the world’s largest supercomputers rely on Allinea Forge to make sure that their simulations are correct. All sorts of avenues exist for accidentally introducing bugs into a program, and when that program is a simulation that takes days to run on a cutting-edge, multi-million dollar cluster, you want to find those bugs as quickly as possible.
That’s where you come in. Joining the Allinea Forge team as an engineering intern, you’ll work on integrating components from the popular LLVM open source project into Allinea Forge.
You will be based alongside the team in ARM’s Warwick office, a short walk away from the famous medieval Warwick Castle. Our office is also a short distance from Leamington Spa, a town popular among students for its shops, restaurants and night life.
We are seeking a highly talented individual to join our team for a summer internship in software development, working on brand new cutting edge projects that span multiple technology areas.
Within our projects opportunities exist within the following areas:
· Supporting the new open source debugger, LLDB, in Allinea Forge
· Oversee and update reports on memory usage, threading errors, and undefined behaviour in the Allinea Forge interface with LLVM program sanitisers
· Create performance metrics for the computational fluid dynamics library, OpenFOAM, in Allinea Forge
Essential Skills & Experience
· Studying towards a degree (or equivalent)in maths, physics, computer science, engineering or similar
· Good programming skills in C or C++
· Strong abstract reasoning skills with an ability to focus on key concepts at all levels of detail
· Good understanding of algorithms and data structures
· Self-driven and an independent problem solver
· Ideally, experience of working on open source projects
What’s in it for you?
As an intern at ARM, you will have the opportunity to work on real projects that have real impact, while also building on key skills for your future studies and employment.
Working with C, C++ & Python experts, gives you lots of opportunities to fast track your technical knowledge with support of a mentor and access to training.
Our Interns get exposure to global teams and how we work effectively in extended teams across groups, sites and countries, and they also have the opportunity to take on the challenge to gain experience in compilers, assemblers, GNU/Linux operating systems and high-performance computing libraries.
What can I expect in ARM’s recruitment process?
ARM hires early careers talent on a rolling basis and we have only one role available at our Eastleigh site. We therefore encourage students to apply as soon as possible to ensure you have the best chance of being considered. If your initial application is successful, you will be invited to take part in a digital video interview. If this interview goes well, we'll invite you to an onsite face to face in-terview to meet the team.
How to apply?
If this sounds interesting, click ‘apply now’!
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM's benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
· Annual Bonus Plan
· Discretionary Cash Award
· Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
· Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
· Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
· Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
· Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
· Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
ARM® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world's most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving ARM innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, ARM is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to ARM's success in the global marketplace.