2017 Industrial Placement - Hardware Design and Verification (Imaging and Vision) - 12 months
2017 Industrial Placement - Hardware Design and Verification (Imaging and Vision) - 12 monthsJob Description
ARM’s Image and Vision R&D Group, located in Loughborough, is growing rapidly due to the increasing demand for its products and services. You may find our products in a vast number and variety of cameras and systems, which may be used in a diverse spectrum of end products such as smartphones, tablets, laptops, security systems, amateur and professional photo and video cameras, dash cams, and drones, which are collectively used by billions of people around the world.
We are looking for enthusiastic, creative, and highly motivated interns interested in exploring the world of digital design and verification. At ARM you will collaborate with, learn from, and support a team of worldwide experts, and experience how the next-generation image and vision products are designed and verified.
What will I be accountable for?
As a Design & Verification intern you will work alongside experienced engineers within one of the IP development teams in ARM. This will allow you to gain exposure to leading-edge EDA tools and experience the different aspects of the highly-complex design and verification methodologies and flows, giving you the opportunity to learn and demonstrate your abilities whilst contributing to current and future project developments within ARM. Technical training will be given when necessary.
What skills, experience and qualifications will I need?
In order to be considered, you will need to be on track to receive at least a 2.1 degree (or equivalent) in Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant subject. Other degree types may be considered with relevant experience.
Essential skills and experience that we look for in a successful Design and Verification Intern include:
· A good understanding of digital electronic
· A keen interest in image signal processing
· A high level of pro-activity and initiative
· Strong communication skills: listening, understanding and persuading
· The ability to effectively work alone as well as in a team
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Excellent attention to detail
· Creativity and ability to communicate ideas effectively
· Good inter-personal and teamwork skills
Desirable Skills & Experience
· Familiarity with hardware description languages, such as VHDL, SystemVerilog or Verilog
· Knowledge of Perl, Python or other scripting language
· Familiarity of Unix/Linux working environment
· High-level programming experience such as C/C++/Matlab
· Experience with the AMBA bus protocols
· Exposure to verification techniques and testbenches
What’s in it For You?
As an intern at ARM, you will work on real projects that have real impact, while also building on key skills for your future studies and employment. We believe in developing talent for the future, and therefore aim to offer many of our interns a graduate position once they have finished their studies.
Working on interesting new projects is exciting but we also know how important it is to receive support. That’s why you will have regular 1 to 1 meetings with your line manager who will be able to offer ongoing support, feedback and development opportunities. You will be given a certain amount of flexibility and freedom in how you decide to complete your project tasks.
As well as being offered a competitive salary, there are also opportunities to get involved in social events organised within ARM.
We are currently only able to support applications from candidates who are already eligible to work and live in the UK. This might also include individuals who are currently under the Tier 4 study visa scheme. Therefore, you will automatically be deselected if this requirement isn’t met.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM's benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
· Annual Bonus Plan
· Discretionary Cash Award
· Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
· Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
· Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
· Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
· Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
· Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
ARM® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world's most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving ARM innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, ARM is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to ARM's success in the global marketplace.