2017 Graduate Software Developer - Imaging and Vision Group
2017 Graduate Software Developer - Imaging and Vision GroupJob Description
We are looking for a talented graduate to join the software team at ARM. In this position, you will be creating, developing, writing and testing robust and quality code for a wide range of our computer vision products.
You will be one of several graduates joining our graduate program in the Cambridge office.
What will I be accountable for?
In this graduate level role, you will work within an exceptional team of engineers to deliver software for our world leading computer vision IP. Your duties will include:
· Software development / testing
· Tools development
The successful graduate will work on an exciting variety of cutting-edge projects, targeting software at multiple platforms, controlling ARM’s computer vision IP and implementing computer vision algorithms for mobile, security and IoT applications.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
· On track to receive a 2:1 in your first degree, or a Masters (preferred) in a relevant technical subject.
· Good knowledge of C/C++
· Understanding of Linux/Android development (not essential but highly desirable)
· A strong mathematics background
· Excellent written and verbal English
· Willingness to learn
· A flexible and agile attitude to work, with the ability to handle and prioritise multiple projects
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At ARM, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviours are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
· Partner and customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
· Collaboration and communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
· Creativity and innovation – Possessing a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
· Team and personal development – You take time to drive your own development, whilst also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
· Impact and influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
· Deliver on your promises – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM's benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
· Annual Bonus Plan
· Discretionary Cash Award
· Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
· Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
· Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
· Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
· Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
· Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
ARM® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world's most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving ARM innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, ARM is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to ARM's success in the global marketplace.