2017 Graduate Android/Linux Software Engineer
2017 Graduate Android/Linux Software EngineerJob Description
About the role
We are looking for a highly motivated graduate to join an Agile software development team that provide Mali integrated board support packages (BSPs) for a range of ARM Mali™ powered development platforms. You will be working with the next generation Mali mobile GPUs, display controllers, hardware video codecs and the latest yet-to-be-published Android versions. You will learn about the Linux kernel, Android internals, the ARM developer ecosystem, and of course the Mali drivers.
What will I be accountable for?
· Creating and configuring board support packages on a range of Mali powered development platforms.
· Integrating Mali drivers with new Android operating systems and kernel versions.
· Writing code to implement the required task (feature, test, bugfix, etc).
· Review other people’s code.
· Investigate issues with the BSPs and our drivers.
· Engage with the rest of the team for investigation, estimation and planning purposes.
· To promote and demonstrate the ARM core beliefs and behaviours.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
· BSc in Computer Science or Electronics Engineering
· Good knowledge of the C programming language
· Familiarity with using Linux operating systems
· Interest in ARM Cortex-A powered developer platforms
· Linux kernel hacking experience
· Exposure to Android OS internals, especially graphics
· Experience in some scripting languages (Python, Bash)
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At ARM, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviours are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
· Partner and customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
· Collaboration and communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
· Creativity and innovation – Possessing a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
· Team and personal development – You take time to drive your own development, whilst also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
· Impact and influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
· Deliver on your promises – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM's benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
· Annual Bonus Plan
· Discretionary Cash Award
· Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
· Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
· Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
· Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
· Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
· Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
ARM® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world's most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving ARM innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, ARM is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to ARM's success in the global marketplace.