2017 Graduate Hardware Engineer - Design & Verification
2017 Graduate Hardware Engineer - Design & VerificationJob Description
The System IP team in Sheffield is growing and is responsible for ARM’s mobile platform interconnect designs. These designs form the backbone of mobile SoCs, used in high-profile products such as smartphones and tablets that are collectively used by billions of people around the world.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on next generation products with a global impact, working with world experts in the industry.
Graduate Hardware Engineer - Design and Verification
The ARM System and Software group enables partners to build systems using ARM IP. We develop the non-processor IP, reference platform designs and software required to build leading-edge system on chips (SoC) designs used in intelligent devices. We are seeking highly motivated and creative graduates to join the Sheffield Design Office to contribute to the delivery of high quality, next generation interconnect products.
Graduate Engineers immediately start working on real project tasks with the help and guidance of experienced engineers. Through teamwork, dedication to personal development and training, our goal is that every graduate engineer quickly learns about different aspects of developing highly-complex system IP, starts contributing to different project tasks and ultimately develops into an expert in the field. You will be given an opportunity to rotate through different roles within different projects and groups. We offer an open and relaxed working environment and believe that collaboration between smart people is central to success.
The ARM Office in Sheffield is located in the city centre, close to the universities and with excellent links to the rest of the country. Sheffield itself is located in the centre of the UK and borders the Peak District National Park, with opportunities for many outdoor activities such as hiking, mountain biking and climbing. Sheffield was ranked “the happiest city in Britain” in 2013.
Are you a good fit for ARM?
In order to be considered, you will need to be on track to receive, or have achieved at least a 2.1 degree (or equivalent) in Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant subject. Other degree types may be considered with relevant experience.
Skills and experience that we look for in a successful Design and Verification Graduate include:
Essential Skills & Experience
· ·A demonstrated keen interest in how computers work, including a good understanding of processor design concepts
· Strong programming skills in at least one language
· A high level of pro-activity and initiative
· Strong communication skills: listening, understanding and persuading
· The ability to effectively work alone as well as in a team
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Desirable Skills & Experience
· Experience of Verilog, SystemVerilog or VHDL
· Perl, Python or other scripting language
· Familiarity of Unix/Linux working environment
· High-level programming experience such as C/C++
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM's benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
· Annual Bonus Plan
· Discretionary Cash Award
· Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
· Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
· Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
· Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
· Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
· Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
ARM® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world's most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving ARM innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, ARM is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to ARM's success in the global marketplace.
Discover the Company Page
- Graduate job
- 2017 Graduate Hardware Engineer - Design and Verification
- By Arm
- Cambridge (United Kingdom)
- Graduate job
- 2017 Graduate Hardware Engineer - Design & Verification (Imaging and Video)
- By Arm
- Loughborough (United Kingdom)