ARM is the world's leading semiconductor intellectual property (IP) supplier. The ARM Content Services group is responsible for producing and maintaining customer-facing technical content for ARM products, and for the production and maintenance of technical content and landing pages for the ARM Developer website.
What will I be accountable for?
To promote and demonstrate the ARM core beliefs and behaviours, the successful candidate will be accountable for a variety of tasks that are broadly defined as follows:
· Producing and maintaining technical content for the ARM Developer website in collaboration with ARM’s technical communications, application engineering, and product development teams.
· Working closely with the product development teams to obtain source information from personal investigations, internal project documentation, and interviews with subject matter experts.
· Ensuring that the technical content meets the requirements of the end users.
· Tracking and reporting on the progress of the technical content lifecycle.
· Ensuring that content maximises comprehension and ease of use without the loss of precision and technical accuracy.
· Ensuring that technical content complies with corporate standards.
· On occasion producing concepts and wireframes, and providing recommendations on user experience to the wider team.
· Highlighting areas of improvement on design and development of the ARM Developer website.
To be suitable for this role you will need to be on track to receive, or have received, at least a 2:1 in your undergraduate degree, or to have an advanced degree in a relevant subject.
· Demonstrable evidence of an active interest in technology, and a willingness to learn about ARM’s products.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· The ability to maintain rigour and precision while producing and editing technical content.
· Creativity and an open mind.
· Ability to work to a deadline.
· Ability to multi-task.
· Ability to work well within a team and with other departments.
· At least one year’s commercial experience.
· Good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Dreamweaver or similar).
· Experience of working with a web Content Management System (CMS).
· Good problem-solving skills.
· Ability to work with third-parties an advantage.
· Knowledge of Responsive Web Design ideology and frameworks an advantage.
· Experience of coding or hardware programming an advantage.
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
ARM is proud to have a set of behaviours that differentiate our talent in the marketplace. These are embedded in all our roles and applicants are encouraged to evidence their attitudes/behaviours as part of the application process:
· Operates effectively and openly in teams and shares both knowledge and success with others.
· Builds strong and lasting relationships based on mutual trust.
· Actively seeks out and encourages alternative viewpoints and ideas.
· Applies critical thinking to select the best way forward.
· Demonstrates a positive attitude in gaining insight from team experiences and is receptive to feedback.
· Is passionate about the success of others and actively provides support for their development.
· Listens and explores alternative perspectives before carefully shaping work that will deliver impactful results.
· Persuades rather than pushes when influencing colleagues.
· Acts with a thoughtful sense of urgency.
· Demonstrates a helpful, can-do attitude.
· Thinks and acts in the best interests of our customers and partners.
· Strives to achieve win-win outcomes for ARM and our customers.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM's benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
· Annual Bonus Plan
· Discretionary Cash Award
· Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
· Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
· Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
· Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
· Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
· Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
ARM® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world's most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving ARM innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, ARM is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to ARM's success in the global marketplace.