2017 Ecosystems Intern - Visual Compute (3 or 6 months)
2017 Ecosystems Intern - Visual Compute (3 or 6 months)Job Description
At ARM, we know that IP building blocks and SoCs are not enough to be successful in a market. The Business Segment Group acts to accelerate the adoption of ARM technology and open up new markets for ARM products by complementing the activities of our product groups and segment marketing team.
What will I be accountable for?
As a Visual Compute Intern you will be working in a team responsible for improving Computer Vision or Machine Learning workloads on ARM-based mobile systems. You will be responsible for helping with technical evaluation, estimation and completion of software optimization tasks identified in collaboration with Marketing and Product Manager colleagues. Our goal is to have the richest possible ecosystem on ARM-based mobile platforms, ensuring the mobile industry continues to target the most popular ARM-powered SoC’s for mobile computing solutions.
This internship is available for 3 months or 6 months, please indicate your preference in your application.
As a Visual Compute Intern you will be responsible for:
· Technical evaluation of proposed software optimization tasks
· Estimation, tracking and progress reporting of software engineering tasks
· Occasional reactive help for our Ecosystem partners
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
· Experience in using C/C++
· Familiar with developing compute-intensive applications using OpenCL or SIMD
· Proactive team player with good networking and communication skills
It would be great if you also had:
· Knowledge of ARM Mali or another mobile GPU architecture
· Knowledge of ARM NEON or another SIMD architecture
· Knowledge of software processes including agile methodologies
· Experience with Android or Linux internals
· Experience with relevant libraries e.g. OpenCV, TensorFlow
· Experience developing applications for mobile System on Chip platforms
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At ARM, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviours are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
· Partner and customer focus – your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions
· Collaboration and communication – your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success
· Creativity and innovation – possessing a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others
· Team and personal development – you take time to drive your own development, whilst also encouraging team members and partners to do the same
· Impact and influence – you listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results
· Deliver on your promises – you demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM's benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
· Annual Bonus Plan
· Discretionary Cash Award
· Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
· Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
· Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
· Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
· Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
· Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
ARM® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world's most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving ARM innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, ARM is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to ARM's success in the global marketplace.