2017 Design for Test (DFT) Graduate Hardware Engineer
2017 Design for Test (DFT) Graduate Hardware EngineerJob Description
The DFT Methodology group is responsible for defining DFT architecture and test methodology across all of ARM cores, ARM libraries and internal test chips. DFT group is also responsible for exploring and /or driving leading DFT technologies on ARM cores to enhance partner experience in DFT implementation. This often involves deploying existing DFT methodologies on ARM IPs while evaluating future technologies. We work closely with leading EDA vendors on evaluating cutting edge DFT technologies which are important to ARM partners. As a member of a small and dynamic team, you will be working alongside DFT experts and deploying defined DFT methodology ARM IPs. You will also contribute to DFT methodology, flow development activities and will be a stake holder in worldwide DFT consortium.
The activities for this role demand an enthusiastic candidate from either a Computer Science or Electrical/Electronics Engineering background with a strong desire to constantly evolve a cross-disciplinary skill set, in particular:
· Building a detailed expertise in domain of DFT which includes ATPG, Compression, IJTAG and MBIST.
· Working on DFT verification flows based on simulation and formal techniques.
· Understanding implications of DFT on PPA and design.
· Building software skills required for automating methodologies and flows.
You will play an essential role in deploying DFT methodologies across ARM IPs in UK and EU to meet DFT quality goals and enhance DFT verification methodology as a by-product of deployment.
Accountabilities include :
· DFT tool and process automation software development and testing
· MBIST verification using simulation and Formal methods
· Generation of test patterns for current and future ARM cores
· Simulation and debug of test patterns using a Verilog simulator
· Work with EDA vendors on tool improvements
· Document and train design teams in DFT methods created
As a successful Graduate Engineer, you will be flexible with a variety of software or hardware development skills and a commitment to extend the breadth and depth of your knowledge. You will have a good university degree, ideally in Computer Science or Electrical/Electronic Engineering, although candidates with other academic backgrounds would also be considered if they have the relevant skills. You will possess a research mindset that seeks to find and communicate the best answers to complex technical problems based on systematic investigation.
Your Skills and Qualifications
· Studying towards a Bachelor/Master’s degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science or similar
· Some experience with Perl, TCL, and/or C programming
· Knowledge in Unix/Linux environments
· Knowledgeable in verification, synthesis, ATPG tools and debug
· Ability to learn quickly and work independently, as well as part of a team
· Excellent problem solving skills
· Definite plus to understand Design for Test elements such as scan, BIST, compression
· Definite plus to understand Formal verification methods and system Verilog
· Motivated to continuously develop skills and accept a variety of responsibilities as part of contributing to the design centre’s success
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM's benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
· Annual Bonus Plan
· Discretionary Cash Award
· Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
· Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
· Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
· Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
· Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
· Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
ARM® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world's most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving ARM innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, ARM is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to ARM's success in the global marketplace.