We are looking for an enthusiast, responsible and young individual to complete our team in our Greenwich market stall
Arapina is an Award Winning Healthy Lifestyle Bakery and is recruiting for an enthusiastic and passionate Commis Chef who will look to take on our existing business grow with us and make their name with our premium award winning company.
The employee will be expected to execute detailed recipes as well as prepare ingredients in a kitchen environment. The employee will be under the supervision of the Head Chef and trained to the highest skills possible.
Clean, organised and a fast-paced environment demands attention to detail, focused and driven professionals at the early stages of their career.
Arapina’s menu is based on Mediterranean cooking, and caters for a sophisticated clientele specialising in “free from” and “low in” options.
We are based in Greenwich, with 2 retail locations one of which contains a state-of-the-art industrial kitchen open to the public. This is a great opportunity to join our expanding company with further progression in mind.
We are looking for someone with:
* A genuine interest and passion about healthy eating
* Previous experience in managing a team
* Excellent organizational skills
* Working in a fast-paced environment
* Effective communication skills
* Ability to manage a budget and work with figures
* Strong leadership skills
* Ability to ensure high standard of hygiene and cleanliness in the restaurant area
The job role will require:
* Responsible for ordering ingredients and maintaining necessary inventory
* Overseeing the daily operations of the staff
* Ability to step in, at both sections of savory and pastry in the kitchen
* To assist in the development of new menus with relevant costings in a timely manner
* To know and understand the aims of the business
* Ensure proper equipment maintenance and cleanliness
* Supervise kitchen personnel and their performance
* Pension scheme
* 28 days of holidays
* Bonus scheme
* Excellent training & development
* On duty-meals
* Discount for in-house purchases
* Team nights out
* Progression opportunities
If you enjoy the vibrant environment of a market and like the interaction with people please send us your CV and a Covering Letter
Very good basic salary and a bonus scheme will be applied on top. Only candidates with a passion for food and experience in a fast-paced kitchen environment should apply.
Ideal candidate profile
A-C - English
A-C - Maths
Basic catering and hygiene experience