Yard Marshall – Amazon Logistics (m/f)
We are Amazon; we pioneer.
Since opening our virtual doors in 1995, we've been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further.
Our entire business works hard to delight our customers – from the second an order is placed online to the seamless coordination of that order behind the scenes, we strive to stay agile, fluid and intentional. That can be described in one of our core Leadership Principles, which is Bias for Action. This means that our teams band together, roll up their sleeves, and aren't content with just standing still. We're aiming to become the most customer-centric company on Earth.
Keeping Bias for Action front of mind is reflected in the Yard Marshall's main responsibilities, including monitoring deliveries from a host of different vendors and carriers: here, a laser-like attention-to-detail is required. Alongside this, we'll need you to ensure that Amazon's Yard & Dock closely adheres to all policies and Standard Operating Procedures, including those beyond just Health & Safety.
The success of the Yard Marshall is dependent on his or her ability to build healthy, symbiotic relationships with all departments, both internal and external. This will help you facilitate effective, consistent communication between multiple teams including: Service Providers, Drivers and Security.
You will need to manage the yard in a tenacious and assertive manner. You'll achieve this by remaining alert to the arrival and departure of vehicles from the Amazon site. You'll need to stay on your toes, proactively ensuring compliance with our strict safety procedures.
A crucial duty assigned to the role of Yard Marshall is to review and implement any required changes to checks and audits concerning the Amazon Yard and Docks. A working knowledge of how to prioritise the most commercially important deliveries to the Amazon Yard and Docks will be a skill you'll need to acquire rapidly.
Ideal candidate profile
· You demonstrate keen attention to detail, initiative and proactivity, and Insist upon the Highest Standards, at all times,
· Comfortable challenging the status quo, you are always looking for ways to continuously improve and optimize processes,
· You're an excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing, with the ability to communicate at all levels,
· You work in a logical and methodical manner, seeking to understand the bigger picture,
· You demonstrate a sense of urgency and ability to work at a fast pace,
· You possess great issue resolution skills, helping you to solve any obstacles or problems in a timely manner,
· You're highly self-motivated: you roll up your sleeves to get the job done and no task is viewed as being too small or menial,
· You remain level-headed, able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment,
· You possess a conscientious and meticulous work ethic, alongside robust record taking skills,
· Be Customer Obsessed; always mindful of our key objective to provide exceptional service to our customers,
· You're willing and able to work to flexible schedules or shifts: you commit the time required to get the job done,
· You're flexible, accountable and able to take on board ad-hoc project work, even when that extends beyond stated role responsibilities,
· You are willing and able to spend up to 90% of your time working outdoors, regardless of the weather conditions.