Amazon Devices is one of the most innovative and fastest-growing businesses at Amazon. From device branding, imagery, photography to onsite experience and in-store retail experience, we partner with multiple Amazon Device teams to bring innovative products and services to the world. We work every day to surprise and delight our customers through smart and purposeful design.
Amazon Devices Design is the creative services department for online and offline marketing teams covering Echo, Kindle and Fire TV. We own the creative process for Launches, Promotions, and other business-as-usual activities for IN.
We are looking for an exceptional Visual Designer. In this role, you will design digital merchandising placements and product pages to support our growing devices portfolio. You will be working alongside a global team of designers, art directors, writers, program and marketing managers.
The Visual Designer must be able to take direction from design & marketing leads and be open to collaborate with other creatives and internal stakeholders. To be successful in this role, the candidate will have experience in graphic design—working in a creative iterative process. The primary focus for this role centres on pixel-perfect execution of graphics. The ideal candidate has the ability to deliver clean, web-ready designs based on existing style guides and brand guidelines in a fast-paced production environment. This position requires strong organizational skills, web expertise, intrinsic design ability, typographic skills, and acute attention to detail. In addition, the qualified candidate will have excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, and the ability to gracefully present and defend their design decisions. The ability to manage multiple projects and communicate with key stakeholders is essential. Online portfolio of work is REQUIRED.
· Execute high-quality, cohesive digital design deliverables that are customer-focused, simple, and intuitive.
· Be able to clearly communicate ideas through visuals (storyboards/mood boards, drawing/sketching, ideation, typography, photography).
· Obsess over the customer experience; learn and utilize best practices for Amazon.com experiences and leverage data, insights, and research to ensure work resonates with customers and enhances their experience.
· Work with creative leaders, channel marketing managers, and production partners on a regular basis.
· Manage external design agency partners, establish processes for QA and raising the creative bar on their deliverables
· Collaborate with the Amazon design community at large to share insights and best practices.
· You are scrappy, agile, and full of innovative thinking. You regularly push your comfort zone to stretch and improve yourself and the work.
· You aren’t afraid to question the status quo and think big in all aspects of your work.
· You understand how brands unfold across different design mediums.
· You are highly collaborative, and enjoy working within a diverse team to bring ideas to life.
· You are passionate about using design to create better experiences for our customers.
· You have a passion for design, advertising/marketing, keep pace with it, and love talking about and championing smart brands.