This role requires South African citizenship / permanent residency. You may reside anywhere in South Africa to be considered for this role.
Virtual Customer Service (VCS) is a 'Work from Home' model for South Africa. VCS associates are expected to work from a home location approved by Amazon for all scheduled hours. It is the responsibility of the associates to ensure uninterrupted internet connectivity and 'work-like' environment at home location so that associates can deliver their best in terms of productivity and quality.
Amazon is seeking bright, articulate, detail-oriented and disciplined applicants with a desire to contribute to world class customer service in a Virtual (Work from Home) environment. Amazon Customer Service Associates are a critical part of our mission to deliver timely, accurate, and professional customer service to all Amazon customers. This vital position requires an action-oriented, flexible problem-solver who will assist customers in resolving any and all customer facing problems. Associates will be required to communicate with customers via phone, email and chat so a suitable home office and quite work area is needed. Associates will utilize a variety of software tools to navigate customer accounts, research and review policies, and communicate effective solutions in a fun and fast paced environment.
This is a permanent position and includes benefits such as Medical Aid and Provident Fund.
The position is not based at our offices and requires you to work from home on a full time basis (40 hours per week) in a noise free environment.
Type of Role: Permanent, Full Time, shifted environment.
We operate in a 24/7 environment supporting the North America and UK markets, most of our shifts are overnight and the shift assigned to you may require that you work over weekends and public holidays. Shifts are either 4 days, 10 hours per shift or 5 days, 8 hours per shift.
Dedicated 10MB Uncapped Fiber or ADSL line (LTE lines are not eligible for this role)
Amazon will provide a laptop and headset that remains property of Amazon
Amazonians have the following skills:
• Ability to empathize with and prioritize customer needs
• Uphold company values and respect every customer
• Exude patience and ownership with each customer
• Ability to resolve conflicts and set appropriate expectations with customers
• Ability to determine customer needs and provide appropriate solutions
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with both external customers and coworkers
• Ability to document customer account activities thoroughly and concisely
• Comprehension skills-- ability to clearly understand and respond appropriately to the issues that customers present
• Composition skills-- ability to consistently compose a grammatically correct, concise, and accurate written response to customer issues
Problem Solving Skills
• Ability to approach problems logically and with good judgment to ensure the appropriate customer outcome
• Ability to make appropriate decisions on behalf of the customer quickly and effectively
• Desire to continually learn
• Solution oriented and self-motivated
• Ability to effectively prioritize work time to ensure efficiency
• Familiarity with multiple browsers, multiple tabs and window navigation and instant messenger tools
• Fluency in Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Outlook
Ideal candidate profile
· Completed NQF Level 4 qualification or higher
· At least 3 months of work experience (any environment)
· Internet requirements: dedicated 10MB Uncapped Fibre or ADSL line (LTE lines are not eligible)
· Home environment free from background noisewhere you can connect the equipment directly to the router/modem via Ethernet cable
· Good command of English (verbal and written)
· Typing, phone, and computer navigation skills
· Ability to navigate the Internet, email, and chat to customer via Instant Messenger tools
· Ability to cope well in a high pressure environment while maintaining high quality outputs
· South African Citizen/Permanent Resident All applications will be subject to assessments and interviews.
All offers are subject to completion of a successful background, police clearance and reference checks.
“Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and Employment Equity within the workplace , and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates.”