Ring is connecting communities to help safer neighborhoods, and we are seeking a UX Designer to join our growing Product Experience team to dive deep into this mission to create engaging, intuitive, and visually-driven user experiences for global device launches across our growing portfolio. We’re a team that is passionate about learning, and we’re looking for an exceptional thinker with systems-oriented, strategic design skills to help us raise the bar. In every work stream, we immerse ourselves in customer insights, and invent on behalf of our neighbors, what we call -- our customers. We brainstorm scenarios our customers will benefit from and solutions to pain points, and we craft products that aim to bring compelling storytelling at every touchpoint in the purchase funnel.
You are an organized self-starter and collaborator with experience working on real products that people use every day. You obsess over the details and tailor your designs for an improved user experience—bringing your expertise to complex device packaging programs, technical and brand publications, and user education at scale. You understand the value of testing and prototyping, and thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment. Above all, you are passionate about solving real problems for real people through research, design, and iteration.
By partnering with our team of highly curious designers, researchers, product managers, content strategists, and engineers, you’ll bring the Ring product vision to life. You’ll contribute across all program touch-points, helping to define and design user interfaces, systems, out-of-box experiences and interactions, and visual design. We have big ideas and tackle complex problems by taking risks that drive innovative solutions for customers around the world.
· Scope and drive the creative development and execution for devices, including: packaging and unboxing experience, technical and brand publications, and user education.
· Contribute to the architecture of short and long-term user experience features and product lines across devices and locales.
· Foster shared understanding of customer needs and how design, technology, and business intersect to meet those needs
· Use business requirements and customer research to assist in developing scenarios, use cases, requirements, prototypes, high-fidelity mockups, and interaction specifications.
· Drive UX solutions that endlessly advocate for the customer and ensure their voices are heard.
· Improve customer metrics and the usability of devices.
· Define patterns to manage and prioritize ideation. Develop and maintain specifications others can apply to scale globally.
· Present to business, design, and executive-level leadership with design rationale using market analysis, metrics, behavioral data, quantitative research, customer feedback, and usability findings to support your work and substantiate.
· Support the preparation of printed materials and packaging for press, working with production to verify proofs and confirm file accuracy.
· Support relationships with suppliers, engaging in prototyping and engineering efforts. Have insight into cost, production timelines, and workback schedules.
· Meet all team deadlines and responsibilities by listening to others and valuing opinions.
· Working knowledge of human centered design principles and practice.
· Ability to extract abstract concepts and quickly turn around rigorous unboxing flows and mockups reflecting a range of options.
· Strong communication skills with the ability to listen, synthesize feedback, present, and sell through ideation.
· Experience measuring the impact of your work against key business and customer experience goals.
· Familiarity with research methodologies and turning customer feedback into actionable findings.
· Ability to multitask and complete projects on time and successfully by staying organized and efficient.
· A complete understanding of all visual communications including typography, layout, and photo direction, as well as the ability to work with content strategy to create distinct solution that solve for the user experience.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's degree in a related design field.
· 6+ years of professional experience.
· A portfolio demonstrating mastery in effective user-centered design solutions.
· 4+ years of experience building out templated design systems, mockups, and prototyping in 2D/3D.
· 4+ years of experience working with offset printing, dielines, color, material and finish (CMF), and recyclability of paper products (corrugate, paper pulp, SBS).