Come be a part of defining one of our most primary use cases on Alexa - music. Come join the team that is building the future of music on Alexa. We are creating a platform so that anyone can leverage the power of Alexa to ensure customers get to the content they care about, faster.
You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, and implementation of cutting edge products that will be used every day by people you know. We’re looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of ownership, and want to have fun while they make history.
This role is for the Alexa Music team in the Alexa Entertainment group and will own the interaction model and design for customers interacting with music experiences through voice.
· Create world-class, user-centered designs through consideration of market research, business requirements, customer feedback, and usability study findings
· Demonstrate leadership in driving design processes into the organization that help refine strategy.
· Translate business requirements into use cases and high-level customer experience requirements
· Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of new voice, web, and mobile applications
· Direct the visual design of the web and mobile applications
· Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, and prototypes
· Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications
· Present design work to the user experience team, product team, Amazon.com executives, and external partners for review and feedback
· Work with our usability and data mining teams to assess and optimize new and existing features and page frameworks
· Develop high level strategy for Alexa Entertainment customers for both near and long term.
· Collaborate with other design team members on Alexa entertainment experiences, frameworks, process, and best practices.
· Deep understand and leadership on driving design culture into organizations
· A proven track record of insight based strategy leadership
· Ability to extract complex concepts and quickly turn around rigorous flows and mockups reflecting a range of options
· Ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile environment
· Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides
· Additional design skills in related fields, including motion design and prototyping.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Ideal candidate profile
· 6+ years of design experience
· An available online portfolio
· Bachelors Degree in a design related field or equivalent professional experience.
· 7+ years of experience as an interaction designer, user interface designer, or similar role
· Design experience on tablet, mobile, or television consumer devices
· Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch or their functional equivalents
· Experience working directly with developers for implementation of designs
· Experience with design tools, such as InVision, Sketch, Axure, or Omnigraffle.
· A portfolio demonstrating relevant design experience with work samples showcasing process sketches, design documentation and detailed design presentations.