Amazon is looking for a User Experience Designer to join an exciting project team working to build a best in class consumer healthcare product. We are an innovative, cross-platform, customer-obsessed team, working on big-bets in an innovative environment. Our organization rewards intellectual curiosity while maintaining the direct to market product focus.
As a UX Designer you will be part of a greenfield effort to build a truly innovative healthcare product from the ground up. In this role you will craft simple, functional, and elegant experience design solutions based on a deep and empathetic understanding of our user’s needs. To succeed in this role, you must be an innovator with a highly refined aesthetic and a proven ability to dive into the details while maintaining a strategic big-picture vision. You are obsessed about the customer experience, never settle for good enough and inspire your peers to do the same. Finally, you are a self-starter, able to thrive in fast-paced and often ambiguous startup environments, welcoming the opportunity to extend your influence across disciplines.
· Use business requirements, user stories, and data to produce user flows, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups
· Confidently defend design rationale used to create design solutions in design reviews
· Participate in and lead brainstorming and critique sessions that foster big thinking while identifying opportunities to raise the bar on the details
· Partner with research and usability to validate assumptions, test designs, and understand user data
· Develop and nurture relationships across teams to promote collaboration and efficiency
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
· Experience presenting your work to senior design leaders
· Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills
· Experience working collaboratively with software engineers, product managers, researchers and marketer
· Unwavering attention to detail with an acute awareness that everything counts
· Desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations
· Committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
· 4 + years of industry experience as a User Experience, Product, or Interaction Designer; Information Architect; or similar
· 1+ years of experience designing for native iOS and Android as well as mobile and desktop web
· 1+ years of experience designing experiences from end to end (user flows, wireframes, high-fidelity visuals)
· An online portfolio of work samples demonstrating user-centered design solutions