Amazon is all in on games, and Twitch Prime is one of a series of disruptive initiatives that highlight our investment and dedication to the industry and its players. Twitch Prime, launched on September 30, 2016, is both the premium version of Twitch and a series of new benefits available to all Amazon Prime members geared toward making it a no-brainer for gamers to join Amazon Prime. We believe the evolution that began with pre-Internet arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future in which fans are creators, players are celebrities, and games are a global cultural touchstone that cuts across age, gender and nationality. Games have the power to connect communities at a massive scale, and this role will delve into linking these communities together and delivering great customer experiences to players, viewers, streamers, and game publishers.
Design at Amazon has been growing steadily in reach and impact—from devices to fashion, delivery logistics to search and streaming video, from voice and sound to physical retail and more—all while creating and cultivating experiences that touch Amazon customers everywhere, every day. Amazon Design teams include every flavor of UI, UX, visual, motion, illustration, brand and marketing design roles—as well as design technologists, researchers, writers and more. Check out Amazon.design—and join us!
We are looking for future Amazon interns to join us for summer 2021. Amazon interns have the opportunity to work alongside the industry’s brightest designers who innovate everyday on behalf of our customers. As a UX Design Intern, you will contribute to Twitch Prime's vision, and collaborate with a team that defines and designs user interfaces, systems, and interaction, visual, motion, and voice design patterns.
· 2+ years of design experience
· An available online portfolio
· Experience with research and human-centered design with a portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions
· Experience with consumer brand experience design and a understanding of storytelling
· Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Ideal candidate profile
· Enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's degree program expecting to graduating after December 2021
· Studies in Interaction Design, User Experience, Graphic Design, or other design-related field
· Use business requirements, user and market research to assist in developing scenarios, use cases, and high-level requirements
· Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of applications and experiences
· Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, click-throughs, and prototype