Amazon is all in on games, and Amazon Game Publishing Services (AGPS) highlight our investment and dedication to the industry and its players. AGPS focuses on building publishing services for game developers.
We believe the evolution that began with pre-Internet arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future in which fans are creators, players are celebrities, and games are a global cultural touchstone that cuts across age, gender and nationality. Games have the power to connect communities at a massive scale, and this role will delve into linking these communities together and delivering great customer experiences to players, viewers, streamers, and game publishers.
We are looking for future Amazon interns to join us for summer 2020. Amazon interns have the opportunity to work alongside the industry’s brightest engineers who innovate everyday on behalf of our customers. Our software development interns write real software and partner with a select group of experienced software development engineers, who both help and challenge them as they work on projects that matter to our customers.
What you will do: As an intern, you will be matched to a manager and a mentor. You will be given the opportunity to have direct impact on the evolution of Twitch Prime to delight gamers, streamers, and viewers. You will be part of a team of talented and experienced engineers are building and operating massively scalable services while developing delightful gamer experiences for Twitch Prime. And finally you will have the satisfaction of being able to look back and say you were a contributor to mission critical projects early in your career. Your design, code, and raw smarts will contribute to solving some of the most complex technical challenges in the areas of distributed systems, data mining, automation, optimization, scalability, and security - just to name a few.
In addition to an impactful project, you will have the opportunity to engage with Amazonians in both personal and professional development, expand your network, and take part in fun activities throughout the summer. No matter the location of your internship, we give you the tools to own your summer and learn in a real world setting. Many of our technologies overlap — you would be hard pressed to find a team that is not using Amazon Web Services (AWS), touching the catalogue, or iterating services to better personalize for customers.
If this excites you, come build the future with us.
Amazon internships are full-time (40 hours/week) for 12 consecutive weeks with start dates between May and September 2020. Applicants should have at a minimum one quarter/semester remaining after their internship concludes.
Key Job Responsibilities
· Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Twitch Prime Amazonians to develop, design, and bring to market innovative devices and services
· Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry
· Create solutions to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to cutting-edge technologies at incredible scale and speed
· Build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage/use
Who you are:
You are fascinated with building communities of streamers and viewers, possess strong analytical, design, and problem solving skills, and enjoy working with data. You love eliminating ambiguity, like thinking “outside the box”, and get excited about difficult challenges. You are a motivated self-starter who would thrive in a startup-like environment where flexibility is essential.
· Passion for playing board games, card games, or video games · Enrolled in, or received a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science · Strong understanding of object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms · Experience in one or more object-oriented programming languages (C++/C#, etc.) · Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions · Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined challenges through strong problem solving skills and effective communication - Experience in games industry
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ideal candidate profile