Amazon's Global Prime Experience team is seeking a talented, passionate UX Designer to help define and improve the Prime member experience. This person will be a steward for the customer experience, build relationships across Amazon, and work closely with their business and engineering partners to help drive compelling customer experiences for Amazon.
The ideal candidate is someone with a passion for customers, strong verbal and written communication skills, the ability to focus on big experience initiatives at the same time as crucial details, and know how to track their impact. They are expert presenters that articulate data-informed design reasoning to directors and stakeholder teams, and work through implementation details with tech teams.
· Own medium to large UX Design initiatives in Amazon’s fast-paced, results-oriented environment to define, assess and optimize the performance of new and existing features.
· Understand the end-to-end customer journey, the friction points and opportunities within, and how your proposed CX solution impacts that journey, as well as other journeys
· Drive exploration of new customer experiences to help Prime members get the maximum value out of their membership.
· Partner with other UX designers, UX research, visual designers, business partners, and engineers to understand customer and business need and drive great customer experiences.
· Responsibly and effectively advocate for customers and impart day-to-day strategic user experience leadership.
· Ensure that all UX activities are executed at high quality levels, manage team initiatives, set priorities, and manage scoping.
· Review with and gather feedback on work from your management, business partners, engineering partners, stakeholders, peers, and executive leadership.
· Experience designing large scale, high profile customer experiences
· Formal, advanced education in Interaction/UX Design or HCI, Graphic Design or equivalent experience
· Demonstrated holistic and systems thinking approach to problem solving
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Ideal candidate profile
· 3+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, product designer (or similar role)
· Experience with a variety of design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Figma, Photoshop, Axure, Framer, Invision, etc.
· Familiarity with A/B, multivariate and other quantitative testing techniques
· Demonstrated ability in qualitative User Research techniques (e.g. usability studies, interviews, etc.)
· Successful track record working with business stakeholders as a design leader
· Experience creating production specs/assets, working directly with developers for implementation of designs
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a rationale for design decisions to senior leadership
· A portfolio demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions and GUI design expertise.
· Experience driving mobile first design initiatives
· Demonstrated understanding of end to end customer journeys
· Demonstrated understanding of the desired customer experience and business outcomes of their design as well as actual impact tracking
· Able to work in a diverse team
· Experience leading quality assurance activities (design reviews, QA, heuristic evaluations etc.)