Fabric.com is the leading online fabric store that specializes in fabric, patterns, notions and accessories. Headquartered just outside Atlanta, Fabric.com is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Amazon.com. We strive to be the most trusted and inspirational fabric store in the world, providing a flawless customer experience through passion and continuous innovation.
Fabric.com is seeking an exceptionally experienced and innovative UX designer who enjoys working side by side with a talented team of retail owners, product managers, and software developers in an agile environment. An ideal candidate will have strong customer experience intuition and deliver work that inspires customers to purchase both on our fabric.com channel as well as Amazon. Your sensible design process, unique design philosophy and mature interpersonal behavior can help raise the bar for our customers.
· Starting with the customer and working backward; leveraging customer feedback, in-depth site analytics, internal subject matter experts, and research findings.
· Quickly come up with insightful workflows and simple solutions to complex interaction design problems.
· Use informal and formal methods to test your work with users.
· Take end-to-end responsibility by creating design deliverables that serve the needs of both business and technology.
· Demonstrate good judgment in choosing appropriate deliverables, such as: user stories and use cases, workflows, prioritized feature lists, conceptual diagrams, information architecture, wireframes, low-fidelity mockups and click-through prototypes.
· Collaborate with agile, multi-disciplinary teams to evaluate the feasibility of proposed features and create phased approaches to development.
· Champion great UX in the face of technical constraints.
· Develop, collaborate on and maintain design patterns.
· Bring joy to your project teams by gifting them with delightful designs, interesting ideas, and proactive gestures that save them time.
Ideal candidate profile
· An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating industry leading user-centered design solutions
· Proven experience with rapid, iterative design and development processes
· Knowledge of all creative tools used by designers and when to use them appropriately
· Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience