Amazon just announced The Drop, a brand new global fashion brand, giving customers exclusive access to limited-edition, street-style inspired collections designed by fashion influencers from around the world. We are reinventing the end-to-end shopping experience for fashion, and seek a talented User Experience (UX) Designer to join the team as we continue to build the future of fashion on a global scale.
In this role you will lead User Experience design for The Drop. This includes (1) building energetic and endless inspiration-based shopping experiences for fashion customers, (2) creating a portfolio of ingress "hooks" across the existing fashion customer's shopping journey to introduce new customers to the brand, (3) working closely with our Seattle-based engineering team to build and launch new features, (4) conducting basic user research to understand customer pain points and validate potential solutions, and (5) completing UI design for new internal tools to manage the garment development process. The right candidate will have a vision for the future of fashion and a willingness to do things differently.
· Advocates for customers, imparting day-to-day strategic design leadership that fosters a shared understanding of the customer-centric intersection between design, content, business and marketing values
· Develop wireframes and high-fidelity mockups to effectively conceptualize and communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors
· Translates merchandising and marketing strategies into creative execution, driving the process from concept to final creative execution
· Frequently achieves a high CX bar. Proposes new ideas to elevate UX in their team. Roots arguments in customer data and proven design heuristics
· Work closely with cross-functional teams to help define feature requirements via empirical online data, usability findings, market research, and proven UCD principles
· Conducts basic user research to understand customer pain points and refine ideas. Triangulates qualitative (e.g., usability studies) and quantitative data (e.g., customer usage metrics) to support their design choices.
· Provides thought leadership in architecting short- and long-term visions for the fashion-buying experience
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
· The ability to deliver high-quality, innovative, thoughtful deliverables that are customer-focused, simple and intuitive.
· Proven ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
· A history of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
· An infectious Learn and Be Curious approach to understand the end to end program and interdependencies.
· The ability to work creatively around difficult business and/or technical constraints without lowering the customer bar.
· Never saying "it's not my job" - acting on behalf of the whole company and not just the team. Is resourceful and creative to overcome obstacles and turn challenges into opportunities.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's degree in Fine Arts/Graphic Design/Visual Communications/Advertising/Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
· Industry experience in UX design or a related creative discipline
· Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and prototyping tools like InVision or Sketch
· A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and relevant, user-centered design solutions