Amazon Assistant is changing the way customers shop online by providing contextually relevant and predictive shopping help whenever and wherever customers shop. As a browser extension and as a standalone app, Amazon Assistant supports customers by helping them find what they need faster when shopping off-Amazon and aids them in discovering more products and services through personalized suggestions.
The UX designer in this role will be responsible for crafting exciting, new user experiences for Assistant customers on both desktop and the Assistant mobile app. You will work closely with other designers, product managers, and engineers in a hands-on role crafting innovative user experiences from early stage product concepts to launch. You practice collaboration and efficiency and raise the bar for UX design within your team. As the multidisciplinary core of our design practice, UX Designers are expected to help creatively shape and drive the customer experience. Our designers are passionate about doing what is right for Amazon’s customers.
· Strong skills in visual design and in evolving design systems.
· Experience conducting user research.
· Self-motivated team player.
· Experience working creatively around constraints and navigating ambiguous situations.
· 3+ years of experience in delivering design solutions as a UX designer, or interaction designer.
· An online portfolio or samples of work on resume, demonstrating experience creating great end-to-end, user-centered design solutions and patterns, across desktop and mobile devices.
· Bachelor's or equivalent degree in Design, HCI, or related field or equivalent professional experience within the design field.
· Experience with responsive design and native app design.
· Create user-centered designs by working backwards from the customer, utilizing customer feedback, data analysis, and usability findings.
· Excellent communication, presentation, and storytelling skills with an ability to present to and build consensus among other designers, PMs, and mid-level leadership.
· Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Invision, and Principle.
· Experience working on a collaborative multi-disciplinary team that includes other designers, product managers and software developers.
· Ability to deliver high-quality solutions in a rapid, iterative design and development environment.
· A desire and ability to work with an incredibly diverse and talented team.