Zappos Digital Customer Experience Team is looking for an experienced UX Designer to collaborate with business and technology teams across Amazon and Zappos.
As a UX designer, you’ll work with a cross-functional, highly capable team of designers, researchers, product managers, and engineers, inventing and iterating on end-to-end product experiences. You’ll develop your ideas with sketches, prototypes, wireframes and story boards, and confidently communicate your vision to senior executives to influence the best experience for our customers.
We are looking for an experienced UX designer that is motivated to solve problems and leverage new technologies to power business success. You will be responsible for driving a variety of Zappos initiatives to new heights in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment, which encourages you to wear many hats.
This is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a team that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too. If this sounds like you, apply today!
· Experience designing large-scale systems and applications
· Experience in user research, particularly in qualitative methodologies.
· Strong bias for action including the ability to juggle multiple priorities and effectively deliver in a fast paced, dynamic environment
· Affinity for and experience in building interactive prototypes.
· Expertise in typographic principles and design is a plus
· Experience with motion design and illustration is a plus.
· Passion for the role of design within an organization and the ability to develop and mentor design talent
· Passion for learning and innovation, balanced with business needs and customer expectations.
· Self-motivated, able to work both independently and collaboratively within a team as projects need.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's degree in UX design, interaction design, or equivalent professional experience.
· Extraordinary portfolio of shipped work demonstrating impactful UX design leadership and exemplary understanding of user-centered design principles.
· Minimum 3+ years of experience as an UX/Interaction Designer or a similar role.
· Experience working in a collaborative team, partnering closely with product management to define use cases and requirements, and working directly with developers on implementation of your designs.
· Fluency in information architecture, as well as seasoned knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
· Experience developing UX across different types of devices and screen sizes.
· Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, Axure, Invision, Flinto.
· Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
· Proven ability to both deliver a bold vision and iterate quickly on concepts to arrive at an amazing customer experience.