Have you ever wondered how Amazon designs its transportation network to scale and reliably deliver hundreds of millions of package to customer's doorsteps? Are you obsessed with designing and building complex network solutions and solving challenging problems? Do you think outside of the box and challenge the status quo?
Amazon's EU Global Delivery Service team is looking for an enthusiastic and customer obsessed Transportation Network Engineer to help us design and optimize our transportation network. The role will involve understanding the physical and virtual transportation processes, from our fulfillment centers on to our final mile carriers who deliver our packages to our customers. As part of the Network Design team you will combine business process knowledge, data expertise, and analysis skills to identify and drive programs within our transportation network.
To be successful in the role, you need to be an excellent communicator with a strong analytical mindset, able to influence across business functions and manage stakeholders' expectations effectively. You will work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment that requires you to be detail-oriented and comfortable in working with multiple business and technical teams.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Development and execution of network design and optimization strategy to support cost reductions, increase delivery speed and improve delivery experience for Amazon customers.
- Continually optimize the network through evaluation of changes and driving network related projects.
- Development of necessary tools to enable optimal design of network
- Work closely with commercial, operational and technical stakeholders to drive the implementation of initiatives.
- Drive cross functional teams to deliver programs.
Ideal candidate profile
· Completed Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Engineering, Economics or Science degree
· 5+ years experience in similar role including program/project management, process improvement or operations management
· Experience in manipulating complex data, data processing and analyzing, drawing conclusions from data, and building basic models that support business decisions
· Ability to think quantitatively and qualitatively about operating processes and outcomes
· Strong data processing and analysis skills, ability to produce, interpret and draw conclusions from data
· Ability to handle multiple priorities and work independently in an often times ambiguous environment
· Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and operational know-how
· English proficiency (written/spoken)