The Pyxis team is looking for seasoned DevOps with CICD experience. The AWS Pyxis team works with and supports services like CloudFormation, CloudTrail, and AWS-SDK. As a member of the team, you will be exposed to most AWS services and technologies. Our systems engineers work in a fast-paced environment with our multi-disciplined service teams to deliver these cutting-edge services to our customers. Pyxis team members own the scaling and management of services across AWS regions supporting the US Government.
AWS is looking for engineers passionate about both development and operations. The candidate should have a strong desire to learn and be curious about Amazon's internal and external services. This is a true DevOps role; you will be both allowed and expected to follow problems all the way to the end and work on implementing real solutions and not just quick fixes. A candidate who wants to go deep and understand how these large systems work will get a chance to excel in this position.
A Pyxis Systems Engineer will:
· work with other engineers to build and manage massively scaled services
· build tools to automate common tasks and processes
· track the health of our services, identify and fix problems on complex systems with massive scale
· collaborate with some of the leading minds in distributed systems
The candidate should be familiar with Linux, including the following:
· Various distros and their corresponding package management tools
· Permissions and permissions management
· File System partitioning, formatting, and mounting
· Log parsing using grep, awk, sed, cut, tr, etc
· Remote access via ssh
· Proc file system
· Network tools (ip, ifconfig, netstat, tcpdump, strace, netcat, ping, telnet, etc)
· System Monitoring Tools (top, *stat tools, etc)
· DNS and tools (bind, host, dig, nslookup, etc)
· Runlevel management tools (systemd, rc.d, inittab, chkconfig, etc)
If you're interested in learning more about this role and others that are similar, please join AWS recruiters at our next virtual open house: https://app.brazenconnect.com/a/AWS/s/4LoBX/next?utm_medium=Career+Sites&utm_source=External+Posting
Ideal candidate profile
· Minimum of 3 years with administrative (root) access on Linux systems.
· Minimum of 2 years basic tools experience in a Unix-like environment
· Minimum of 2 years working with a Linux or Unix-like command line.
· Familiar with Unix file system permissions and ownership.
· Familiar with working with different privilege levels in a Linux environment
· Familiar with debugging applications running on Linux and/or Unix servers.