Do you enjoy helping U.S. Intelligence Community and Defense agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve unique technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies and become a core part of the largest cloud infrastructure on the planet? AWS is seeking systems engineers to own and advance a mission critical service.
We're looking for a systems engineer to join our team in either our Herndon, VA, Arlington, VA, Denver, CO, or Seattle, WA locations.
In this role, you will support Snowball engineering and operations. This will include identifying and resolving issues, automating repetitive processes, and working closely with development teams. You will dive deep into code and logs, drive prioritization of operational issues, and become intimate with the architecture of our systems. AWS Snowball enables customers to more quickly and easily adopt the AWS cloud, gaining the advantages that AWS has to offer. The devices we produce are ruggedized and secure, designed to survive rough handling and harsh operating environments where data needs to be collected, processed, and securely managed as it is moved to the Cloud. This work requires us to develop processes and facilities that allow customers to easily use our products and to enable us to meet customer expectations on security and speed.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
· Exposure to cloud computing
· Experience with load balancing technologies
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· 5+ years Linux systems engineering experience
· 2+ years networking experience (TCP/IP)
· 2+ year experience building scripts, tooling, and automation for large-scale computing environments. Experience in at least two of: Python, Java, Perl, PHP, Ruby, Bash/Shell
· Experience in 24x7 production environments
· Current, active US Government Security Clearance of TS/SCI with Polygraph