Want to disrupt how thousands of Amazon employees and infrastructure connect across hundreds of locations around the world? Interested in leveraging AWS's Cloud Infrastructure to build the platform that Amazon's businesses rely on to grow and scale? Come be a leader on a team where your work can have massive impact in how we operate.
The AWS Enterprise Networking team develops and operates platforms that are fundamental to the success of Amazon.com and AWS. You will work with internal AWS service owners, systems, network and software development Engineers to develop solutions that enable the connectivity and self service needs of our customers.
In this role, you will build the tools and services that move our core network services in to the infrastructure-as-code age, enable self-healing for our systems, and provide capabilities that enable other Amazon service owners to do the same. You will use AWS products, DevOps patterns, and mature CICD processes to build the next generation of services that minimize the work required of humans, create platforms that serve the connectivity needs for our customers and build systems that allow us to raise the bar for security, automation, and operational excellence for AWS's Enterprise Networks.
We are looking for a motivated builder to inspire our teams and deliver results to our customers. This is a hands-on position where your daily activities will range from strategic planning to new system development to supporting the customers that depend on your services. You will deliver consistent, well-defined results in an agile systems development workflow. To succeed in this role, you will deliver on-time results that delight your customers while inspiring your team to think big about their work. If this sounds like a fit, we would love to speak with you.
· Demonstrated time working within a DevOps environment.
· Experience building and operating large scale distributed systems
· Experience building systems on AWS or other cloud platforms
· Experience with CI/CD pipelines build processes.
· Experience with infrastructure automation (e.g. automated provisioning and remote configuration of infrastructure items such as servers, load balancers, databases, or serverless technologies such as AWS Lambda).
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, very detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers is required.
· The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
· In depth experience in working with Linux/Unix environments.
· 3+ year(s) developing system management / automation software in Perl, Python, Ruby, or Java.
· Knowledge of standard network protocols and services (e.g. DHCP, IP, UDP, TCP, SSL, DNS, HTTP, etc).