The AWS Directory Services team is looking for a Systems Development Engineer. We create and manage highly-scalable Directories with operational precision, and focus on the hard problems so customers can focus on their business.
As a Systems Development Engineer you will work with a wide variety of technologies and projects that range from third party enterprise solutions to open source and proprietary inventions to solve for the business needs. The ability to build productive relationships with colleagues at remote sites around the world will make you successful in this role. You can expect to constantly learn new things and expand your knowledge to meet varying business demands.
Primary responsibilities include troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing production issues, developing monitoring solutions, performing software maintenance and configuration, implementing the fix for internally developed code (in C#, Python, PowerShell, Bash), performing SQL queries, updating, tracking and resolving technical challenges. Responsibilities also include working alongside development, updating/enhancing our current software, automation of support processes and documentation of our systems.
The ideal candidate is committed to improving systems, preventing outages and finding innovative solutions. You also have a high standard of work and have the ability to make trade offs to ensure customers have positive outcomes.
· Experience with large, high-throughput distributed systems
· Systems Administration or Development in a Linux and/or Windows environments.
· Understanding of Identity Systems such as LDAP, Active Directory, Samba.
· Development depth in OOP, Java, UNIX, Perl, C#, XML, Web services, Powershell and UNIX tools.
· Experience with some aspect(s) of computer security: network security, application security, security protocols, cryptography, etc.
· Excellent troubleshooting skills
· Excellent documentation skills
· Familiar with the challenges surrounding efficient operations and failure mode analysis in large complex distributed systems
· Able to show good judgment and instincts in decision making
· Able to prioritize and perform in complex, fast-paced situations
· Experience with service-oriented architecture and web services
· Experience with agile software development practice
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Ideal candidate profile
· A minimum of 6 years of technical support experience is required.
· Systems Administration / Engineering background required.
· The ability to program to solve problems and automate repetitive tasks in a common scripting or programming language such as Python, Bash, or Ruby
· Deep knowledge of the Linux and/or Windows operating systems.
· Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues.
· A history of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering measurable results in a dynamic environment.
· Should be genuinely excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies. Must be a self-starter and motivated.
· Able to work in a diverse team