Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a best-in-class Systems Automation Engineer for the Network Analysis and Visualization team in Seattle, Washington. This team is working in the heart of AWS global network. We are looking to hire motivated, best-in-class System Engineers for our Seattle engineering center. The engineers within our team are instrumental in allowing us automate the gathering, transformation, and display of data from a wide variety of sources, to address the needs of teams within the AWS Border space.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, very detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and has significant experience of supporting large scale, enterprise class systems. Systems Automation Engineers work hand-in-hand with Software Development teams and Network Engineers to automate and invent new ways of operating Amazon's Next-Generation Network. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential. In addition to providing top-tier management and support of Amazon's vast network infrastructure, Systems Automation Engineers are expected to develop best practices, refine operational procedure and constantly think proactively and with innovation.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience in building well-defined RESTful APIs
· Strong Linux experience from provisioning to performance tuning, and a solid grasp on operating system fundamentals
· Ability to build efficient databases and structures
· Knowledge of the general Internet peering/transit ecosystem
· Experience mentoring junior engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers and influencing systems engineering best practices within the team
· Excellent analytical skills
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Proficient in Python/Java
· Track record of designing and building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Experience architecting/deploying/operating solutions built on AWS
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers is required
· The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential
· In depth experience in working with Linux/Unix environments
· Knowledge of major networking protocols (e.g. TCP/IP)
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline or equivalent experience