Do you excel at storytelling to convey complicated concepts using video and motion? Amazon Care is seeking a talented Video and Motion Designer to join our brand team. In this role you will concept and craft unique and compelling motion design for Amazon Care web, and product experiences, collaborating with designers, engineers and product managers and more throughout the design and development lifecycle. As a tastemaker and storyteller, you will advocate for design excellence – contributing to product vision, and collaborating with a team that defines and designs marketing content, design frameworks, and the interaction, visual, and motion design patterns for Amazon Care’s app, web, multimodal and domain experiences. This role is based in Seattle, WA.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a keen eye for elegant, modern design, video, and UI patterns. You think holistically, and craft the "why" of all that we ship – advocating for your design solutions by putting them in context of team and customer goals. You have a mastery of After Effects and other software for creating videos, user interface animations and rapid mockups, motion studies, and prototypes. You are at ease both visualizing an experience in the abstract and then driving that vision into concise motion design deliverables and hands-on building with engineering teams. You thrive at crafting delightful design solutions, and elevate the motion experience for Amazon Care customers.
· Design digital product content and videos to support customer education, onboarding
· Developing sound and motion patterns and components to work across product and web channels
· Provide video and communications support to improve our virtual care experience
· Crafting motion UX behaviors, systems and animations that orient, guide and add delight for customers
· Produce motion studies for user flows, leadership presentations, and quickly iterating on multiple design solutions
· Work strategically with peer and partner interaction, visual and voice designers in an open and collaborative environment.
· Lead the definition and communication of motion design guidelines, development best practices and standards
· Adapt core motion primitives to optimize experiences for both existing and emerging customer modalities
· Work with the product management team to develop a shared vision of a product/feature, close on requirements and deliver motion design to meet the product’s objectives
· Partner with software engineers to leverage the scale offered by our platform without compromising on core experiential principles and customer intent
· Present design work to multiple teams and senior leadership for review and feedback
· Partner with marketing to develop compelling cross channel digital content (photography, video, and illustrated motion graphics) to promote awareness, engagement, and education of Amazon Care.
· An exceptional portfolio that demonstrates experience creating innovative user-centered design solutions
· Experience working on a collaborative team and partnering directly with developers for design implementation
· Experience in a variety of design tools such as After Effects, Sketch, and other animation prototyping tools
· Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
· Experience with Agile processes and partnering with technical product management
· Experience designing for multiple platforms such as mobile, multimodal, TV, web and virtual reality
· Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups, motion studies, and style guides
· Experience with design tools such as Sketch, Illustrator, Lottie and prototyping tools
· Ability to navigate ambiguity to drive the design cycle and multitask in an fast-paced environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Ideal candidate profile
· 6+ years expertise in motion, video, photography and visual design
· 4+ years experience crafting motion design and documentation for platforms such as iOS, Android, Mobile, and VR/AR
· 4+ years experience working with illustrators to bring their illustrations to life.
· 3+ years professional experience as an UX motion designer
· Bachelor's degree in Animation, Motion, Interaction or Graphic Design or equivalent design-related field
· An available online portfolio