The Search Design team helps customers find anything on the everything store. We deliver innovation on a massive scale, every day, using research, data, and intuition as inputs to form our hypothesis. We validate hypothesis through A/B and multi-variate testing. We are re-inventing one of the cornerstone experiences of modern eCommerce with the goal of changing the way people shop. We work with programs and teams across all categories and regions and our work impacts millions of people every day.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for a Senior UX Producer who leads by doing, values diversity of thought and background, has a passion for solving problems at massive scale and brings their best self to work everyday.
What you bring
You have an “anything is possible” mindset. You love bringing definition to ambiguity and taming high complexity at scale. You have a passion for empowering people by clarifying constraints and providing just the right amount of process. You’re proud of your work, your skills and expertise – but you’re not cynical, inflexible or only about delivering on-deadline, and you want to be part of something great. You love being part of a highly collaborative and high-energy team that isn’t afraid to swing for the fences and exceed expectations even on the most tactical projects. You communicate effectively to remove roadblocks, push back when needed and engage with team members and partners as required for the success of your programs.
What you will do
Your primary responsibility as Senior UX Producer is to own design operations mechanisms and programs aimed for large scale and complexity. You combine expert project management skills and a passion for customers. You will work cross-functionally with key stakeholders and partners to ensure on-time delivery of innovative solutions that delight our customers. You should have a deep knowledge and practical experience in software design including a keen understanding of how to effectively plan projects, define milestones, assign resources, assess risks, and meet deadlines. .
· Design and deliver scalable processes to address large volumes of highly complex design programs. Collaborate with design leadership to operationalize decision-making, requirements gathering, scheduling, resource allocation, coordination of teams and approval processes.
· Identify needs for improvement of the design organization processes and methodologies, actively participating in the standardization and execution to highest quality standards and designers efficiency.
· Own partner engagement mechanism: define scaling processes to intake, triage, prioritize and handle escalations.
· Develop and drive documentation and content contribution mechanisms that allow Amazon to contribute to Search’s design system.
· Develop and implement design operational metrics programs, ensure project data accuracy and capacity management.
· Develop processes and mechanisms to maintain research participants, research lab spaces and prototype testing protocols management
· Provide clear communication to cross-functional team leads and senior management regarding project status, resource requirements, issues, and priorities. Proactively identify risks, prioritize them, and create plans to resolve in a timely manner. Creates relevant documentation such as weekly reports, MBR, data reports, ad hoc audits etc...
· Supports team development and mentorship providing program management training and best practices.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
· Experience having successfully deployed metrics for global, high-velocity teams at scale is a huge plus.
· Experience in a customer-centric, insights-driven ecommerce environment.
· Deep familiarity of user-centered design processes and iterative development processes.
· Experience shipping innovative, successful global consumer products in a highly-matrixed and ambiguous environment.
· Unwavering attention to detail with an acute awareness that everything counts.
· Committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience.
· Experience leading team efforts, and synthesizing feedback and input from product management, engineering, and marketing.
· Experience supporting global projects across mobile web, desktop, and/or on-device mobile applications.
· Proven ability to multitask, analyze opportunities, define successful approaches, proactively solve problems and accomplish challenging objectives with a minimum some direction.