AWS Support is one of the largest and fastest growing business units within AWS. We are a highly technical, innovative organization revolutionizing the customer engagement processes and offers topnotch technical support for the portfolio of products and features of AWS. We are determined to redefine the word “support” and lead the industry with best in class technology.
AWS Support is building a world-class organization to facilitate delivery of tools and metrics incorporating insights and predictions of our customer UX by mining large volumes of structured and unstructured data sources available within AWS Support, using Data Science, Machine Learning (ML) and Natural Language Processing (NLP). Our data sets include chat logs, call audio logs, email transcripts, feedback texts, agent data, case data, customer data, usage data, and knowledge docs, as well as systems and application logs and metrics. We are aiming to develop and implement predictive ML models to aid/improve Service Level, Agent Productivity, Customer Satisfaction, Dynamic Routing, Case Deflection, Knowledge Recommendation, Optimal Case Handling, Proactive Case Prediction/Resolution, Sentiment Analysis of Customer Correspondence, Customer Retention, etcetera.
We're looking for a talented, passionate senior user experience designer to work on AWS Support products (Service Health Dashboard, Personal Health Dashboard, Support Center, Knowledge Center, Forums, Trusted Advisor) and internal tooling (case management and engineering support tooling). This designer will be responsible for designing the UX architecture, interaction flow, and aesthetics of our current and new properties. We're looking for a designer to create elegant, intuitive user interfaces that meet business needs. This designer will have a significant impact on the creative direction of the Support products with particular focus on the challenges of solving major challenges and shape the success of the CX of AWS customers, internal service teams, and support engineers worldwide. You will be a key driver in taking an idea to experimentation to prototyping and then to implementation to identify and improve our customer experiences.
The ideal candidate has experience in digital enterprise products or software as a service, with strong blue sky/ideation skills, robust holistic systems thinking, deep attention to detail, and passion for making difficult tasks into simple and delightful experiences for customers.
Collaboration and product ownership is essential, requiring you to be a great communicator, and successfully present and align with the
Support customer experience team and stakeholder input. Additionally, you must be able to work with ambiguity and deliver designs that elevate the AWS customer experience as a whole.
· Lead your team and partners in defining, tracking, and reporting key user experience metrics.
· Review with and gather feedback on work from business, product management, development, and peer design teams as well as executive leadership.
· Evaluate new and emerging methods and technologies in UX prototyping, and identify best-of-breed to incorporate into your team’s toolkit.
· Evaluate, establish, and apply best practices, patterns, and guidelines.
· Lead the design of useful, usable, and desirable products in a team environment. Work with leadership in design planning and goal creation.
· Understand customers and their needs through market analysis, customer research, and feedback.
· Use business requirements to assist in developing use cases and high-level requirements.
· Design the architecture, interface, and interaction flow of services and experiences.
· Develop personas, customer journey maps, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, and prototypes.
· Facilitate the design process, present and iterate design solutions.
· Craft, pitch, and validate long-term design strategies.
· Continually iterate and evolve the way we design for and learn from our customers.
· Chart a course for yourself and others in ambiguous situations. Mentor and develop designers within your own organization and beyond.
· Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions
· Strong time management skills and the ability to be self-directed when needed
· Fluency in best practices for information architecture and interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles, techniques, and patterns
· A master's degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or related UX degree
· Demonstrated history of performing user research or gathering quantitative customer data
· Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
"Amazon is an equal opportunities employer, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity and Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae."
Ideal candidate profile
· 6+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar UX-related role
· 4+ years of experience creating prototypes or highly detailed wireframes for complex web applications
· 2+ years of experience working in a collaborative team and directly with developers on implementation of designs
· An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant experience
· Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or 6+ years equivalent professional experience