Do you excel at designing product and service experiences? Live to make customers happy and confident? Love fashion? Read on!
Who we are
The Amazon Fashion Design and Research team is dedicated to being a beacon of design excellence within the highly visual, emotive, and impassioned space where contemporary fashion and cutting-edge technology meet. Our aim is to provide simple, fluid, and beautiful experiences that accommodate our growing and diverse selection, while enabling customers to make confident buying decisions and delighting them along the way.
Amazon's new styling service for women's fashion, Personal Shopper by Prime Wardrobe, provides style inspiration and personalized recommendations for a low monthly fee. After learning more about a customer's preferences for style, fit, and budget, our stylists curate inspirational pieces for everyday wear, or help find that perfect look for work, vacation, or a night out. Prime Wardrobe also addresses one of customers' biggest barriers to purchasing clothing and shoes online: not being able to try things on before paying. The program allows customers to to try-on items at home and only be charged for the items they decide to keep; a resealable box and pre-paid return label make returns simple. As we extend and evolve Personal Shopper and Prime Wardrobe, we aim to make Amazon a convenient and compelling fashion destination.
Who you are
We are seeking a Sr. UX Designer to define, design, and deliver new shopping experiences for customers, and make it easier for our stylists to recommend the perfect pieces for customers. As the ideal candidate you will look around corners to define, design and deliver experiences that enable our customers to communicate their style preferences and enable our stylists to leverage those prefences to help customers discover fashion they love.
To accomplish this, you will be responsible for designing experiences that drive engagement and customer excitement - working closely with our partners in research, product management and engineering. Because the scope of this position will extend across a number of marketplaces and platforms, the ability to balance high-level, holistic reasoning with detail-oriented feature design is imperative.
You would be perfect for this role if:
· You design experiences that visually provoke and captivate.
· You're an excellent communicator, verbally, visually, and in writing.
· You enjoy the challenge of scaling designs to multiple marketplaces and platforms while crafting holistic solutions for your users that span the entire customer journey.
· You are passionate about delivering customer-focused solutions with fashion-worthy UI and aesthetics.
· You see patterns and connect dots as part of your daily process.
· You are an empathic teammate who flourishes when collaborating closely with other disciplines and partners.
· You are a self-starter who thrives on ambiguity and is comfortable wearing many hats.
What you'll do:
· Analyze customer behaviors, identify opportunities to solve problems, and create a cohesive, best-in-class experience in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
· Create conceptual diagrams, user flows, wireframes, detailed visual mockups and prototypes to communicate high-level design frameworks and detailed interaction behaviors.
· Responsibly and effectively advocate for the customer in a corporate environment; fostering a shared understanding of the customer-centric intersection between design, technology and business.
· Deliver high quality creative products while insisting on high standards and attention to detail.
· Contribute to the architecture of near and long term user experience for features and products across applicable devices and locales.
· Present to business, design, and senior leadership and support your design rationale using quantitative data and site metrics, customer feedback, and usability findings.
· Develop and maintain effective specifications and design patterns.
· Scope design initiatives and manage/prioritize work items.
Ideal candidate profile
· 8+ years of professional experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, or product designer.
· Bachelor's Degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Design, or a related field.
· Portfolio of work samples demonstrating ability to create memorable customer experiences across a range of touch-points; including problems you helped solve for, your contributions, and impact to the customer.
· Experience working cross-team and synthesizing feedback and input from product management, engineering, research and marketing.
· Ability to manage ambiguity to define, manage, and prioritize your own work.
· Experience presenting to mid-level management or higher; able to comfortably and confidently present to cross-functional partners in both written and verbal communication.
· Proficiency in design software such as Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite.