Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics like Kindle e-reader and Echo devices. The Ops and Supply Chain UX team designs systems and processes that make planning, manufacturing, launching, and supporting our devices as efficient and frictionless as possible. This team is set up as a shared service thereby providing opportunities to learn and grow.
We are looking for a talented Sr. UX Designer to help design our next generation Supply Chain and OPs platform. We are looking for someone passionate about delivering the best possible customer experience for our products. You’ll work closely with a cross-functional group of engineers, product managers, research scientists, and executives to propose and drive innovations in Ops and Supply Chain products.
The ideal candidate has experience designing exceptional UX for business application systems, with strong ideation skills, holistic design thinking, attention to detail, and passion for making difficult tasks into simple and delightful experiences for the user. You must be able to work with ambiguity and deliver designs that elevate the customer experience as a whole.
· Own the CX from beginning to end and ensure product/feature is built to spec and achieves project goals.
· Create customer journeys, UI architecture, interaction design, and high fidelity prototype based on Amazon style-guide.
· Perform all aspects of the UX research lifecycle i.e. study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting, and communicating.
· Perform thorough data analysis to uncover insightful and actionable results that drive tactical and strategic product decisions.
· Work inventively around constraints and navigate ambiguous situations.
· Develop and maintain detailed design specifications.
· Be a passionate and effective advocate for design with non-design audiences.
· Build relationships and communicate effectively with local and remote cross-functional teams.
· Experience with quantitative research like analyzing clickstream data and A/B testing is a plus.
· Experience working in shared service / consulting role supporting multiple projects is a plus
· Excellent (written and spoken) communication, presentation, interpersonal and storytelling skills
· Track record of good time management, prioritizing projects, and estimating work.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Ideal candidate profile
· 6+ years of design experience
· An available online portfolio
· Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
· 6+ years of experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar.
· 3+ years of experience conducting qualitative studies like surveys, usability testing, and contextual inquiry.
· Demonstrable experience designing business systems applications.
· Proficiency with modern design and prototyping tools such as Adobe XD, Photoshop and Sketch.