The AWS Training and Certification (T&C) organization educates customers, partners, and AWS Employees globally on AWS products, solutions, and best practices. We are seeking a talented and experienced Sr. Technical Program Manager to provide critical communication and tracking of business intelligence programs and projects for the AWS Training and Certification organization.
As part of the AWS Training and Certification (T&C) Business Intelligence (BI) and Data Analytics team you will be responsible with helping the team developed analytical and data strategies for the global T&C organization. We are looking for someone who will help track projects, communicate progress, work with stakeholders on business requirements, refining requests, standardizing projects across multiple teams, and work with other teams on how to leverage T&C BI data and analysis. A successful candidate will be passionate about technology and using technical and data strategies and solutions to support needs within the T&C organization. As a Technical Program Manager within AWS, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver our strategy to build scalable global processes and projects that will broaden AWS’s penetration in the cloud computing market.
The ideal candidate will have a background in program management, technical documentation, experience with technical and data processes (SQL, ETL techniques, data modeling, data warehousing, etc.), and knowledge of business intelligence reporting and analytical tools (e.g. Tableau, QuickSight, Python, R, Excel, etc.). A successful candidate should have the technical proficiency know what technical solutions can be implemented to support business requirements while also having the skills to manage and communicate project deliverables between the BI team and other business stakeholders.
· Meet with business stakeholders throughout AWS to gather business requirements for requests and help allocate support from the T&C Business Intelligence and Data Analytics team.
· Work with the leadership and T&C teams to set strategy and make appropriate decisions to successful deliver projects.
· Bring your expertise, problem solving skills, and creativity to add value and diversity of thought to our team to support managing technical projects.
· Drive technical requirements, design, and delivery planning, working across multiple teams and stakeholders to ensure successful launch of initiatives.
· Help support architecture decisions, program development plans, schedules, and initial prototypes.
· Speak with internal and external audiences to help deliver our team’s message, strategies, and program updates.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
· Master’s degree in Business, Technology, or a similar discipline
· Experience in the training, education, or online learning space
· Experience with supporting enterprise business analytics
· Familiarity with AWS service offerings and tools
Ideal candidate profile
· 5+ years of experience in technical design, development, and technical program management
· Experience coordinating cross functional technical engineering teams
· Experience building engineering processes, project management, and release schedules
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
· Ability to simultaneously manage multiple fast-paced initiatives
· Ability to distill technical requirements and designs from informal business requirements
· Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills