Alexa Games is looking for a talented and passionate Sr. Technical Artist with strong rigging and animation skills to help create fun, rich game experiences with emergent technologies. We believe the future of voice-first gaming is bright, and on our team you’ll have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience and innovate, while setting best practices for this new category of voice-first experiences.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable troubleshooting, inventing, and documenting workflows for artists creating assets for game development with an emphasis on rigging and animation. You will need to be proficient at scripting and automating applications such as Maya or 3DS Max. You will need to be comfortable troubleshooting and inventing within our game environment. You will work with art, project management and other leads to solve specific challenges and help provide direction to your peers.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record contributing to high quality Mobile, PC or Console titles. You have deep technical knowledge of game engines such as UE4, Unity, and geek out on art pipelines and software packages such as 3D Max or Maya, and have a knack for art scripting and tools. You possess strong communication skills and production sensibilities. You thrive in a fast paced environment and aim to create great games that will be loved for years to come. Day to day you'll work with our team to create and implement amazing visuals, prototype new and exciting features, be an advocate for the customer, and wear multiple hats.
· Preferred to have shipped at least 1 AAA title in a Technical Artist role.
· Strong game industry experience working on cross-platform games for mobile, PC, or console.
· Excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies.
· Excellent communication skills, desire to demonstrate and teach internal tech and tools to game teams.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor’s degree in arts, computer science, or equivalent work experience.
· Portfolio of work demonstrating technical art experience with animation, rigging, and character model development, as well as scripting tools and automation.
· Experience in contributing to a team of technical artists, including providing direction.
· 4+ years of technical art creation using tools such as Maya, 3D Studio Max, Photoshop, or similar software.
· 4+ years of professional experience in the games industry, going through the game production and shipping lifecycle for one or more titles.
· High level of proficiency working within 3D game engines such as Unity, Unreal, or CryEngine.
· Experience troubleshooting art asset pipeline and similar complex workflow issues