AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider–from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases–to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
AWS Issue Management needs a technically deep, experienced System Development Engineer to join a team that owns Ticketing & Issue Management for all of Amazon/AWS. The team delivers highly scalable and available software platforms, web services and web apps that are used by more than 150,000 unique users every day. These are the core software applications and services that Amazon and AWS use to collaborate on, monitor, engage and manage all of software events, agile deliveries, projects, programs, and business processes across the entire company.
In this role you will deliver new web applications and distributed back-end services that must tackle a wide range of complex critical business workflows at scale. These services will be used by Amazon employees from fulfillment workers on up to senior leadership, plus an ecosystem of other automated clients through our web services supporting our processes during high severity events and mission critical software deliveries.
· Design, build and optimize software to run a highly scalable communication platforms and front-end web applications connecting hundreds’ of thousands Amazon employees.
· Define intuitive web-service APIs and use AWS’s cutting edge technologies to develop and deploy new features
· Empower developers across Amazon to use our services to collaborate during high scale incidents and provide project efficiency through intuitive and highly performant issue management services.
· Automate deployment and monitoring of our services to track down performance issues before our customers get affected.
· Drive development process improvements and establish best practices to ensure highest quality software
· Mentor junior system developers and grow their skills
Learn and Be Curious. We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Inclusion and Diversity. Our team is diverse! We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Team members are active in Amazon’s 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People With Disabilities, and more.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
* Experience building large-scale web services backed by cloud services, such as AWS
· Strong Systems Design and software experience.
· Excellent communication and collaboration skills
· Demonstrated ability to learn fast and to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment
· Knowledge of system performance and operational readiness monitoring
· Strong desire to build, deliver results for customers, and drive projects
Ideal candidate profile
2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.