Alexa is the groundbreaking cloud-based intelligent agent that powers Echo and other devices designed around your voice. Our mission is to push the envelope in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), Machine Learning (ML), Dialog Management, Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), and Audio Signal Processing, in order to provide the best-possible experience for our customers. We’re looking for a Software Development Engineer to help build industry-leading conversational technologies that customers love.
As a Software Development Engineer for the Alexa team, you will be responsible for translating business and functional requirements into concrete deliverables with the design, development, testing, and deployment of highly scalable distributed services. You will also partner with scientists and platform engineers to help invent, implement, and connect sophisticated algorithms to our cloud based engines. A successful candidate should have knowledge of research domains including AI, NLU, ML, and Dialog Management. They should also be very agile in developing flexible software with respect to scientific, experimentation methods and usage patterns. Additional responsibilities include:
· Developing and maintaining core system features
· Helping define product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product
· Working with scientists and other engineers to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology, and evaluate technical feasibility
· Operate in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
· MS in Computer Science
· Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
· Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces.
· Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
· Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Ideal candidate profile
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, Mathematics, or related technical field
· Knowledge of programming languages such as C/C++, Java, Perl or Python and open-source technologies (Apache, Hadoop)
· Experience with OO design and common design pattern
· Knowledge with data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs