Passionate about conceptualizing, building and operating massively scalable systems? Looking forward to become the seed team member of a new initiative? If so, here is an opportunity tailored for you.
Who are we?
Amazon businesses continue to experience a rapid expansion into new markets and geographies. In order to continue to delight customers around the world, Amazon needed the ability to efficiently integrate with hundreds of external providers of all sizes to achieve the lowest fulfillment costs that ultimately transform into lower prices for customers. Our Transportation Technology division builds the complex software solutions that work across our shippers and carriers to optimize both time & cost of getting the packages delivered. Providing visibility of package, containers and network to our consumers, at any point of time, in an accurate fashion, is a technically challenging domain that we deal with. Our mission is to hide the technical complexity behind the simplest workflows and best user experience to delight our customers.
What will you do?
You’ll design and develop systems and applications used by Amazon worldwide and will regularly interact with engineering and business leadership. You will participate in the planning and execution of technology projects and operational excellence initiatives. You’ll also mentor junior engineers in employing strong design and implementation practices.
To accomplish this, you will be expected to have an established background in building highly scalable systems and applications, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, customer-centric, and feels strongly about building good software as well as making that software achieve its operational goals. Experience with building and operating web-based applications and/or web services-based applications, especially at massive scale, will be very applicable and helpful.
· Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
· Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems
· Experience in network, distributed, asynchronous and concurrent programming
Ideal candidate profile
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
· 5+ years of experience in developing commercial or web-scale system software
· Proven object-oriented design and implementation skills (Java, and/or C++), preferably on Linux
· Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, complexity analysis, data structures, problem solving, and object-oriented analysis
· Solid verbal and written communication skills