Amazon Web Services is seeking a Sr. Mechanical (HVAC) Project Engineer to become part of a global engineering team, responsible for the design and continuous innovation of our rapidly expanding data center foot print.
Engineers at Amazon work to design resilient, cost effective electrical distribution systems. As engineers at Amazon we are responsible for achieving a world class uptime for our customers. We justify and communicate the technical decisions we make to Sr. Management and work hard to drive continuous advancements and improvements with our designs. As an engineer at Amazon you have the ability to drive change and define/design the systems our customers rely on. Amazon offers a fast paced, fun, and exciting work environment. We continue to grow at exponential rates and are looking for individuals that can support our speed to market, enjoy a challenge, and have a desire for professional growth and continuous learning experiences. Amazon's work environment is unique in every aspect and offers an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate.
At Amazon you will be responsible for working on multi-million dollar designs that support our array of businesses and wide variety of customers. Great ideas are encouraged and supported. Ingenuity is the main mechanism which supports our focus on quality, speed, and cost.
We are looking for engineers with hands on project management and mechanical design experience. If you can design a mechanical system, have an understanding of the critical equipment needs for a data center, and understand the constructability of varying designs you may be a good fit. Engineers will be responsible for leading design consultants for new AWS regions projects by delivering designs from concept to the permit and construction document set. You must be capable of defining critical equipment specifications and approving equipment submittals. Engineers will directly support construction and be a part of the process from site selection review through commissioning and ultimately turnover. You will be relied on as a subject matter expert in the electrical engineering field. At Amazon we do highly support continued learning opportunities and focus on continued employee development.
At Amazon team work is absolutely necessary for us to accomplish our goals. You must be able to work within a team and depend on others to accomplish the required work. As a mechanical engineer at Amazon you will be working with other internal groups as well as external groups including utilities, manufacturers, vendors, and contractors.
If you are a creative, smart and driven individual that enjoys working with complex problems we want YOU!
The Sr. Project Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for the following:
· Be a leader within the group as well as within internal and external teams that support our data centers.
· Work with internal teams to understand user requirements.
· Participate in site selection reviews
· Manage design consultancy firms to create, review and release data center designs
· Manage change, versioning and configuration control.
· Work with local utilities to understand and define site utility requirements.
· Define and approval of project scopes, request for proposals (RFP) and request for information (RFI).
· Work with local Agencies Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) to ensure compliance with city/county requirements and building codes.
· Work with commissioning teams to validate installation, operation, and performance of systems
· Work on concurrent projects in multiple geographical regions
· Travel for site review and conduct engineering evaluations, audits, and site launches
· Review and approve equipment submittals
· Work with internal teams to trouble shoot problems and conduct Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Corrective Action (CA) for design related problems
· Define project scopes and provide support during construction phases
· Work with regional vendors and manufactures to specify the appropriate mechanical equipment.
· Define project scopes and provide technical support for information requests during construction phases.
· Be a leader within the group as well as within other teams
· Be positive and always offer creative, out of the box solutions
· Have fun and work hard!