Amazon's Finance Technology organization (FinTech) builds and maintains the finance technology platforms and services that enable new business growth, compliance with financial and tax reporting obligations, and analysis of our financial data. Through our products, we aim to maximize time spent by Finance teams on high value analysis, reduce the growth of operating expenses, and improve the vendor experience.
We are seeking a Technical Product Management – Tech to own the products in Accounts Payable space. The product leader will be working closely with Finance Operations, Accounting, Tax and business teams across Retail, Digital and AWS organizations to drive worldwide product strategies and roadmaps. Leading the team that drives innovation is a key part of this role. In order to be successful in this position, you need to be comfortable interfacing with and driving various technical and business functional teams and individuals at all levels of the company and around the world. You should have a proven record of accomplishment in taking on end-to-end ownership of customer-facing software and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
The FinTech 2PTs responsible for developing the products owned consist of 40+ engineers.
As the Senior Product Management in FinTech, you will:
· Define and drive product strategies, and overall roadmaps in collaboration with business partners.
· Drive working backwards processes, prioritization and resourcing planning, and decision alignment across functions and levels.
· Define and prioritize initiatives based on a deep understanding of customer needs and behaviors in different business vertical and international environments.
· Deliver initiatives by working cross-functionally with engineering, Accounting, Tax, operations, legal and business teams through iterative product development.
· Drive the coordination and clear communication of a multi-product roadmap, working across multiple groups.
· Work closely with the engineering teams to design, schedule and deliver in an agile environment.
· Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application.
These responsibilities require that you be able to build consensus and effectively influence senior-level stakeholders throughout the company. An innovative mindset and excellent demonstration of Think Big Leadership Principle are essential to the success of this position.
· An MBA or advanced degree in Information Management, Operations, Tax, Accounting, or a related field.
· 7+ years of relevant work experience in Software Development, Application Development, or Product Management.
· 3+ years directly leading technical product managers.
· Technical aptitude with ability to dive deep into technical and finance programs.
· Direct experience with building finance technology products or programs.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's Degree
· 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
· Experience with end to end product delivery
· Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
· Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
· Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
· B.S. or equivalent degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Finance, Accounting, or other related discipline.
· 5+ years of experience in building technical products, software, or services.
· Experience owning and driving end-to-end product requirements across multiple technology teams. Able to prioritize complex deliverables, have highly technical discussions, and run large meetings with technical and business leaders.
· Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic mode.