The Product Assurance, Risk and Security (PARS) Talent Development team is seeking a Sr. Instructional Designer to re-imagine the compliance space by creating engaging gamified and decision based learning experiences. This role will work with program managers and subject matter experts across multiple teams to develop learning and performance support solutions including but not limited to virtual and instructor-led training, videos, eLearning modules, simulations, learning games, and electronic performance support systems.
PARS is responsible for ensuring that Amazon meets all product safety and compliance laws and regulations worldwide in all the marketplaces that it serves. The PARS Talent Development team implements learning solutions that transfer knowledge and optimize both individual and organizational performance in order to achieve Worldwide Operations business goals.
To be successful in this role, candidates will need to apply their knowledge of education sciences and theories to build custom learning and performance support solutions to meet the unique needs of the programs and their business partners. They will also implement evaluation protocols to measure the effectiveness of the solutions developed.
The selected candidate will be an innovative storyteller with strong technical acumen.
Please include your online portfolio and work samples in your application.
· Lead the analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of learning programs
· Conduct job task analysis and determine the best modality to transfer knowledge and build proficiency
· Identify gaps and recommend solutions to improve learner retention, optimize job performance, and promote compliance with Amazon policies and regulatory laws
· Develop e-learning modules, reference materials, and other creative assets
· Assist in development of standardized learning processes, procedures, and templates
· Develop and execute a learning evaluation strategy that measures business impact of knowledge and skill transfer
· Track and report on curriculum in the enterprise Learning Management System
· Continuously measure solution effectiveness and scalability of delivery modalities
· Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Instructional Design, Education Technology, or similar field
· Instructional Design certification
· eLearning development training and/or certification
· Project Management training and/or certification
· Knowledge of learning sciences research
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· 5+ years’ work experience in instructional design, training program management, and training project management
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent post-secondary degree required in Instructional Design, Education, Business Administration, or a related field
· Proficient in English (verbal and written)
· Experience in assessing performance gaps, analyzing learning needs, designing and developing learning and performance support solutions, and evaluating program effectiveness
· Ability to develop multiple projects with minimal oversight, in a fast-paced ambiguous environment
· Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
· Experience working with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, and eLearning development software such as Articulate 360, Adobe Captivate, and Camtasia
· High attention to detail, organization and accountability
· Ability to travel as needed