How people watch video is changing. Prime Video is working to offer every movie and TV show to everyone anywhere to watch instantly. Would you like to join us to help shape the future of video entertainment?
At Prime Video we ship highly scalable customer-facing products and services word wide, build cutting-edge experiences on tablets, game consoles, smart TVs, and PCs, develop personalization algorithms to present the right videos to the right customer at the right time, and develop systems for large-scale video processing and delivery. Every day we embrace the challenges of a fast paced market and evolving technologies, paving the way to universal availability of content and pushing the envelope of streaming video quality. At Prime Video, you will be encouraged to see the big picture, be innovative, and positively impact millions of customers. This is a young and evolving business where creativity and drive will have a lasting impact on the way video is enjoyed worldwide.
Successful candidates for this position will have a strong background in C++/C#/Java or a similar programming language. Experience working with AWS and serverless solutions is desired.
We are looking for engineers who are passionate about delivering world-class, digital media experiences to our customers. This is a great opportunity to enhance your cloud computing skills and get familiar with Amazon’s products and services while making a real impact on consumers globally.
· Experience with mission critical, 24x7 systems
· Experience with high throughput, multi-threaded systems
· Experience implementing and consuming large scale web service
· Fluency in programming languages beyond Java and C++ (e.g. Ruby, Python, Perl)
· Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· Proven large scale system design skills
· Strong working knowledge of operating system fundamentals
· Working knowledge of REST and RPC service patterns and other client/server interaction models
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Ideal candidate profile
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field