You say you want to revolutionize streaming video? Come join my team in sunny Silicon Beach, CA.
Prime Video is changing the way the world experiences video from movies, to TV, to live events. Our services are engineered for high availability, maximum reach, and cost savings that we pass on to customers. We provide millions of titles, on hundreds of devices, in over 200 countries. We're working to offer everyone the ability to instantly watch any video anywhere.
Want to join a team working on highly impactful projects with direct and significant impact to customers and the Prime Video organization? You will work on high visibility projects still in the beginning phases with opportunities to innovate, design and implement solutions that enable us to scale even bigger and provide new experiences for our viewers. We are the Prime Video Offers team and we drive catalog selection. Offers represent the different consumption options Prime Video customer have when browsing content. Offers systems combine and select the rights we have from all providers for a video title to provides the best options to our customers. For example, as a customer you can rent, buy or watch a title for free if you subscribe to Prime or one of our service partners.
We are looking for talented software development engineers who are eager to shine by designing and developing world-class solutions. You will have ownership of a domain to deliver meaning results to the customers. As an organization, we work hard to not only deliver results but invest in each team member’s career and skill set. Additionally, we encourage the use of new technologies such as machine learning when the technology provides a clear advantage.
Successful candidates for this position will have a strong background in designing and developing scalable micro services in Java, C++, C#, Python, NodeJS or Ruby. Equally important to these technical skills are excellent written and verbal communication skills to explain and justify your proposals. You'll need to quickly translate business requirements to engineering requirements and use your creativity to solve difficult problems in a world-class engineering team.
If you want to make a significant impact in a growing field, we'll provide you a green field of opportunity in the offers team.
· At least three year of experience writing production code to solve complex problems
· Deep understanding of computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, complexity analysis, data structures, problem solving, and object-oriented analysis and design
· Working knowledge of databases, service-oriented architectures, and highly scalable distributed systems
· Excellent written and verbal communication
· Relentless customer focus
· Excellent analytical skills
· Experience with Amazon Web Services
· Experience with mission critical, 24x7 systems
· Experience implementing and consuming large scale web services
· Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Ideal candidate profile
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.