Amazon’s mission is to be earth’s most customer-centric company and our team is the guardian of our customer’s privacy. The Amazon InfoSec Privacy team is looking for builders that want to create unique data privacy solutions that help us retain our customer’s trust. Our team partners across Amazon’s Consumer and Digital business units to build, monitor, and protect a secure environment for the Amazon business. As a software development engineer on our team, you will apply the appropriate technologies and best practices to autonomously solve difficult problems. You will work with customers, stakeholders, and peers to refine your ideas into pragmatic solutions with high operational excellence. You will contribute to the professional development of colleagues, improving their technical knowledge and engineering practices.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrated track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high-performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast. The successful candidate’s code and approach to work will be exemplary, delivering solutions that are inventive, secure, easily maintainable, appropriately scalable, and extensible. Your solutions will apply to all of Amazon’s consumer and digital businesses including but not limited to Amazon.com, Alexa, Kindle, Amazon Go, Prime Video and more.
· Designing, developing, and operating key system products and services
· Ensuring designs align with the organizational and product architectures
· Maintaining and promoting a high operational excellence bar
· Operating in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality projects on aggressive schedules
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
· Experience developing data privacy solutions, including data handling techniques (e.g. pseudonymization, anonymization, data scrubbing)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
· 2+ years professional experience in software development
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl