Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo and Amazon Show. The Amazon Devices group delivers delightfully unique Amazon experiences, giving customers instant access to everything, digital or physical.
Most advanced products need cutting-edge testing to ensure the quality. This is the mission of every QA engineer in Amazon Lab126. At Amazon, we not only test the products, we treat the testing tasks as same as design and the invention of a system. We use cutting-edge technologies and methodologies to ensure the most efficient and most comprehensive testing. We introduced various systems and software to the testing process to allow for faster and increased bug exploration. In short, invention and innovation are the essence of the testing goal in our team.
As a Software Development Engineer - Test , you will work on projects in a large range of areas: embedded software programming, cloud and AWS applications development, Android applications development, web and server programming, TCPIP and socket programming, test automation framework design and development, etc. You will spend tremendous effort studying and designing new methodologies and techniques to facilitate testing, including the state-of-art Machine Learning and Deep Learning methods. You will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and develop innovative ideas to test consumer products.
You are expected to have industry-leading technical knowledge and solid understanding of principles in software development. You should have in-depth understanding of OOP. Moreover, you need to have broad knowledge of various types of software, their advantages and disadvantages, and be able to choose the best option to be used for development. You will need to have the drive to continuously search for better, more efficient solutions, and an instinct of continuous invention and innovation.
For each project, you will need to define implementation plans, development specifications, and development test automation as well as design tools for unit, functional and performance testing in a programmatic manner. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. You will need to be able to work efficiently and effectively in a fun, fast-paced dynamic team environment.
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
· Experience building and designing test frameworks and new test methodologies
· Knowledge in wireless communication technologies such as WIFI, Bluetooth is a big plus
· Experience with developing applications using Machine Learning or Deep Learning is a plus
· Experience with socket programming and TCPIP layer development, strong knowledge in networking implementation, e.g., LibWebSocket
· Experience with Android, iOS or other mobile application development is a plus
· Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience developing product test harnesses. Experience with open source tools and resources
· Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
· 1+ years of experience in software development and testing in one of the programming languages Java, C++ or C# or Python