Our vision is that Alexa will be the world's most knowledgeable product expert who knows you, in a store that sells everything. All those moments when we need or want to know more about the products we use every day, will have instant satisfaction of an answer: just ask Alexa. We are building a digital product expert that is always available, with super-human knowledge of every product ever made.
We are seeking a Software Development Engineer to build exciting new features to help customers on their voice shopping journey. You and your team will build features to enable customers to interact with Alexa pre and post their purchases on Amazon, use Amazon's vast community resources via voice and make informed decisions about buying products. The features you build will improve the experience for millions of customers at the end of every sprint, learning from new data, user behavior, and better models.
In this role, you will design, develop, test, and deploy massively scalable services, while at the same time redefining customer's expectations for what an intelligent assistant can do. You will investigate design tradeoffs, prototype and test different approaches, lead the development of new features, launch and operate new services. You will ship a better customer experience every sprint. Come and help us build the future!
· A Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
· Experience designing, building, launching, and operating internet-scale services for consumers
· Experience with machine learning, language understanding, and information retrieval systems
Ideal candidate profile
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 3+ years of experience in software development
· Experience in object-oriented design and coding in Java, C++, or related technologies
· Experience developing cloud software services and designing for scalability, performance and reliability
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent