Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for talented software engineers to play a critical role in launching a brand new service from the ground up. AWS customers are pushing the envelope for their customers in new and exciting ways; they want to focus on their core business and not on gluing together various developer tools or building bespoke solutions to get their code to production. Developers want a smooth user experience that highlights things that require attention and allows them to focus on writing code, not managing development tools and scaffolding. At the same time, enterprises want their developers to use a toolchain that is secure and promotes safe best practices by default.
The AWS Code Suite services were built to address this need. AWS CodeCommit, CodePipeline, CodeBuild, and CodeDeploy allow customers to author, validate, and release software and infrastructure changes easily, quickly, and safely. But we aren’t content with the current products - we see a big opportunity to compliment the existing tools with a new offering that we believe will provide more seamless experiences between services and will make our customers more productive.
That’s where you come in. As an engineer on the AWS Developer Tools team, you will play a lead role in the creation of a product that will be used (and loved!) by millions of engineers. You will work with a strong team as we shape the future of continuous delivery. You will be exposed to all aspects of the software delivery process including requirements gathering, ideation, technical design, implementation, release, and operation. You will level-up your systems design skills as you work on distributed systems at an epic scale, all in service of delighting customers.
Sound like this is in your wheelhouse? Then please apply! We would be excited to have you on the team.
Location options include Virtual, Seattle WA, Arlington VA, Berlin DE, Amsterdam NL.
· Master's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
· Demonstrated ability to design, deliver, and operate complex, highly available distributed systems
· Broad subject matter expertise in developer tools and continuous delivery best practices
· Experience working with Amazon Web Services or other cloud services
· Familiarity with agile methodologies
· Demonstrated ability to mentor and coach junior engineers effectively
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
· Demonstrated track record of delivering software to customers
· Strong computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, and systems design
· Attention to detail, and the ability to pick up new tools and technologies quickly
· Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a way that includes others and earns trust