Security is the #1 concern for customers moving to the cloud and AWS is dedicated to providing security features our customers need, at scale.
The AWS Identity team owns and operates highly scalable, highly available distributed systems that are used by all AWS customers and internal service teams alike. We are pioneers in areas such as identity, access management, security and providing massively scaled, distributed platform capabilities to all of AWS. We enable our customers to control and secure the most sensitive data on the internet. We are building some of the largest and most complex distributed systems in the world, and we need brilliant engineering leaders to work with us on this new initiative!
We are building a new cloud platform that dramatically simplifies how enterprise customers manage and control access to their AWS resources. We are looking for a talented engineering leader who will be responsible for owning, driving and evangelizing this space focused on enabling customers to manage and secure their AWS workloads at scale.
We are looking for software engineers who are technically very strong with deep knowledge in web services, backend storage design, and distributed systems. The ideal candidate takes pride in tackling challenges, excels at working in an agile environment, and gets excited about owning the architecture of a set of critical platform services that serve customers globally every second of every day.
You will provide technical leadership to the team that owns design, implementation, testing, deployment, and operation of new global distributed systems that are core to all of AWS.
· Architecture, design, code ownership for long-term product strategy for AWS Authentication and Authorization services
· Development and operate low-latency, high-availability Authentication and Authorization services
· Mentoring and coaching performance management for a best-in-class engineering team
· Ownership and continuous improvement of all operational metrics and automation tools for your team’s software
· Executing against project plans and delivery commitments
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
· Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
· 3+ years developing software solutions in large scale (over 10,000 users) global environments
· 3+ years of experience in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
· Deep experience in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, C# or Java and mastery of object-oriented design and programming
· Strong understanding of system and application performance characteristics
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Ideal candidate profile
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.