Our team’s mission is to help music listeners explore, discover and connect with their favorite music and artists from anywhere. Our team is currently working on some challenging product and technical problems facing the music streaming industry today. We want to rethink some of the fundamental assumptions of music streaming applications and build the next generations solutions to delight our users. We want to deliver these differentiated experiences by leveraging cutting edge technologies in cloud computing, mobile app development and Alexa smarts, by having access to enormous amount of data on music, artists and their labels, and by building refreshing and delightful visual interfaces which can scale and enhance the music listening experience
Our team is in a foundational period where every team member plays a critical role in delivering this vision by wearing multiple hats and having a voice in the decision making process. Be one of the first engineers who can set the culture and build a team that you love. We are an agile team serving 50+ million users globally with a startup hustle and scrappiness but with the backing and resources of a Fortune-500 company. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
You will be an ideal fit for this team if you are highly-motivated and thrive in an environment where problems are open-ended. You enjoy engaging in passionate discussions with smart people and letting the best ideas rise to the top. You see your mistakes as learning opportunities and continually look for ways to improve yourself, your team and your products. You understand that not all solutions come easily and don’t shy away from hard work to reach your goals. You are excited about the opportunity to engage in developing a top notch consumer mobile application and user experience.
· 2+ years’ experience developing mobile applications on iOS/Android using Objective-C and/or Swift and Java, C, C++
· Experience with building large scale distributed systems on AWS or any other cloud provider.
· Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related fields.
· Experience developing high-quality mobile applications
· Ability to learn and adapt to new, complex development environments
· Experienced in all stages of development, including design, development, testing, and deployment
· Analytical and creative design skills and excellent communication skills
#musicjobs Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ideal candidate profile
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.